• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

**help**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
1. Due to the sudden increase in snow and my nearest pets at home is a 20minute drive away and also due to snow there is a risk of being stuck in traffic for 3 hours ....

So i was wondering if any of you have tips as their food is about to run out and if there is anything i can do?

2. Types of vegetables they can eat (i need more variety from cucumber, carrot, orange, broccoli)

Much appreciated

they eat cerial as long at is not got sweetners in like frosties or jordans pecan stuff, museli and oats work lol mine sem to like the odd corn flake, veg cabbages miby apples parsnips hmm most veg asides potatoes as the starches rnt too good for them

I topped up on food for the piggies today,as we have even more snow coming!

Bell peppers are very good for them, lettace (not iceburg), sweetcorn try not to give too much though its very fattening, celery, apples not too often though, green beans, parsley......there is a good list on the forum which provides a list of what they can/can't have, also which are best in terms of vit C. Plus don't foreget Lots and lots of hay!

my piggie vet has said as long as they have plenty of hay and veggies they should be fine as their natural diet is made up of a mixture of grasses and vegitation so 'processed' food is not essential for them but does help with their vits and minerals but a varied diet means they should not need additional food.

Last edited:
my piggie vet has said as long as they have plenty of hay and veggies they should be fine as their natural diet is made up of a mixture of grasses and vegitation so 'processed' food is not essential for them but does help with their vits and minerals but a varied diet means they should not need additional food.

Our vet says exactly the same. He also says pigs should not be given more that an eggcup full of nuggets per day per pig :) He is rather passionate about it to !

Our vet says exactly the same. He also says pigs should not be given more that an eggcup full of nuggets per day per pig :) He is rather passionate about it to !

Yeah i even asked about our grown piggie who was getting fat whilst he was having unlimited nuggets as he had a baby friend and even then he said to cut down on the nuggles baby should be getting enough with good hay. no more than a small handfull a day he says. :)

Yeah i even asked about our grown piggie who was getting fat whilst he was having unlimited nuggets as he had a baby friend and even then he said to cut down on the nuggles baby should be getting enough with good hay. no more than a small handfull a day he says. :)

LOL
Its difficult though, I often think they cant be full and want to give them more but, he's right, if they have good hay and veg they dont need much :)

grass is a good one-if you can find any under the snow :)
I'm stocked up on dry food for all animals but the veggies wont last so need to venture to tesco at some point before xmas.
porridge oats can be used as well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back