Henry has a new wife!

Hannah_xx

Paw Holder
Joined
Sep 29, 2008
Messages
3,482
Reaction score
13,671
Points
1,765
Location
Australia, Victoria. (originally from Essex, UK)
Hello all!
I wasn’t sure about getting another piggie after Buttons recently passing away. It seemed I was coming towards the end of my piggie journey. From just a few years ago I had 8 piggies at one time in my piggie room to now just one, (though I’ve had 14 pigs in total since 2018 I think!) my life being a bit more hectic now I have a toddler. As well as all my other animals and 2 part time jobs. It seems sensible to slow my piggie life down. And have a pig-less break after Henry is gone. (Which I of course say that with huge love for Henry and DO NOT want anything to happen to him!..but you know what I mean?..it will happen at some point over the next few years).

But… anyway that thought didn’t last long.. and of course I’ve hated seeing Henry being all alone the past couple of weeks. He’s too cheeky and mischievous to be a single piggie. So I had no choice but to go girlfriend hunting!

I decided I would only adopt an older piggie, Henry is about 5 years old so in order to still try and keep to my future piggie break plan (which will probably never happen lol).

Anyway, I found a gorgeous girlie called Cookie! Shes roughly 6 years old.
I was so excited and we travelled down to Melbourne to pick her up from her foster home last weekend.
I’ve kept her and Henry side by side in separate cages for this week so they can get to know each other. But today I bonded them. So far all has gone well and they have happily shared the cage for the past few hours. Pretty drama free, Henry of course was super super excited and a typical annoying boy. But Cookie dealt with his shenanigans pretty well and seems to be quite a sensible and tolerant lady. They are still talking a lot when sharing close space together but seem to be getting along just fine.
Oh and they both have adorable crests! Which is sweet.

I'm not sure if I’m going to keep the name Cookie yet. Here are some other names I’m considering..
Fauna
Phoebe
Poppy
Penny
Pippin
Misty
Harmony
Frida
Fifi
Charlotte.

IMG_2371.webp
IMG_2374.webp

Bonding over grass..
IMG_2441.webpIMG_2458.webp

IMG_2466.webp

Henry is so happy to have a companion again.
IMG_2451.webp
 
Cookie you are gorgeous of course Henry would fall in love at first sight.

I love the name Cookie ❤️
 
Aw she’s beautiful and it’s lovely that Henry has a new friend 🙂 they make a lovely couple 🥰 and Cookie has the most perfect retirement home with you and Henry x
 
What a gorgeous lady; Henry looks delighted and Harmony seems to be happy to have landed on all four paws as well.

If you would like to change the name, I think Harmony would suit well, as that seems to go with both Henry and her personality.
 
Thanks everyone! I’m pleased to report when I’ve woke up this morning they are still happy together and both wheeking for breakfast. They seem nicely settled as a new besties. Yay!

@Wiebke Harmony is a wonderful name! I did actually think of that name but had a chicken called Harmony a few years ago, but very briefly as a hawk got her unfortunately. Hmm I may consider it, good thinking than you!
 
Thanks everyone! I’m pleased to report when I’ve woke up this morning they are still happy together and both wheeking for breakfast. They seem nicely settled as a new besties. Yay!

@Wiebke Harmony is a wonderful name! I did actually think of that name but had a chicken called Harmony a few years ago, but very briefly as a hawk got her unfortunately. Hmm I may consider it, good thinking than you!

Seems like a match made in piggy Heaven - both parties seem to have got what they are looking for in a new friend...
 
Back
Top