• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Herbert and ............................................

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Ernie....

Now have moved to W Sussex and have acquired Herbert a friend. I think I will call him Ernie. Hes going to be long haired. Hes only 6 weeks old.

They have been in cages next to each other for 24hrs and today we had some floor time in the bathroom. I have also swapped and rubbed each ones bedding and cosies on each other (not bathing as its too cold even indoors!)

They got on really well and they then went off exploring and settled down with some munches, if I had more experience pairing boars I might have been tempted to put them in together now. There wasnt much rumbling, infact the only rumbling was when Ernie tried to steal Herberts pepper from his mouth:o

Here they are inthe bathroom.

IMAG0686.jpg

IMAG0687.jpg

awww hes iccle....Ernie suits him. My first boyfriend was called Ernie, he had massive ears lol

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww my goodness that is the most adorable little baby piggle i have ever seen x) and of course Herbert makes a handsome big brother! x) x) x)

Ernie's very cute - and yes, put them together after first intros on neutral ground. Just make sure that you are there for a few hours and that there are no hides with only exit in the cage/hutch. Ideally, clean it out and neutralise it by rearranging it as much as you can. Babies are usually not a problem to introduce, as they can't compete for dominance.

Best of luck!

Beautiful boys. They look so cute together.

Boyfriend woke me up this morning because he though Herbert was having a fit.

Came running down turns out him and Ernie were popcorning for england, and at one point Ernie was literally bouncing off the cage!!@)@)@)Only have ever seen Herbert popcorn once before so just made me laugh and so happy for him.

Then almost instantly they chilled out in the morning sunshine coming through the window 8;)

I put them in the run the other day. Also wanted to check the dogs reaction. Well Will (my 15yr old lab) was giving Ernie a sniff and all of a sudden Ernie was out of the run and they were nose to nose I was thankfully right next to Will. I was so lucky that Ernie A)didnt shoot off B)Will was interested in him rather than dinner time. So Chicken wire is going round the run me thinks until Ernie gets too big to fit through the bars!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back