• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Herbie Doesn't Seem Himself...maybe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Herbietheguinealion

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I'm kind of at the stage of doubting myself, so bare with me, herbie doesn't seem himself the last few days. My wife and I have been away and some friends have had Sven and herbie, when we got back we noticed that the gifts the boys leave( for their mother) seemed a bit dryer than normal but otherwise that were in great health, the friends have rabbits and herbie seems to have enjoyed investigating what we're in the hutches during floor time... Anyway I digress. Since he's got home he seems a bit more quiet, sleeping a lot, he's not been eating as much as he normally does, leaving most of his dinner veg a couple of times. He still eats plenty mind u, he's not starving. He comes out for floor time and then goes back to his cage to bed for most of it. He does get baby'd by nude wife and I'm not sure if he's getting old or is cold or is ill, Sven seems to be growing in confidence we have had him 2nonths now and they love being side by side and still show interest in eachother. But Sven runs and pops and chirps where herbie is a lot more reserved and purrs like a kitten when he gets cuddles and sleeps on my wife for ages while Sven has about 2 mins of patience then he needs to zoom all over the living room.

I know Sven is getting used to us and building his trust he still won't take food from me in his cage but will on my lap. And he explores further but herbie I just dunno what's going on

I would get him checked out, and when you go mention that he has been near rabbits. My Barney has been ill recently and the first sign there was him going off his veg.

Thank u, he hasn't gone of it still eats all his morning veg... But I think it could be time we go to the vets...

Well herbie has been to the vets 3 times now, first vet thought kennel cough/bronchitis type thing so gave him an antibiotic and metacam then that night he started wheezing so back we went 2 more injections (and a new found hatred for the vet) and appointment for the next day. When we went back herbs tummy was tender so gave him different meds. But after the last injection he has seemed more himself even came out for a play on his own.

The vet says his wheezing was a stress noise and that its his tummy, the new meds should help, important thing is he eats and poops normally. Last night he pooped twice, none at all overnight then 9 good "gifts for his mommy" this morning. So I'm hoping he's on the right road.

He does seem to have gone off his kale tho... Eats everything or I should say anything tho x vet suggested we gave him grass so both boys got a little and went mad for it!

He does seem to have gone off his kale tho... Eats everything or I should say anything tho x vet suggested we gave him grass so both boys got a little and went mad for it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back