• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

He’s still so skittish

Teddy_Bear

New Born Pup
Reaction score
I’ve had my guinea pigs for about 4-5 months and although they have both come a very long way bear still seems to be very skittish when it comes to any noise and if I walk near their pen. Do I need to do something to help the bond or is he just a shy piggy?

Some piggies just take longer than others. They are prey animals and some never fully gain confidence.

I’ve had my boys for 16 months (they both turn 2 years old in a few months). One of mine settled very quickly, within a few months but and it took the other up until very recently to gain enough the confidence to stay out of the hidey house when I come near and not run off in fright. He only, a couple of weeks ago, let me pick him up for the first time without panicking and screaming at the top of his lungs!

My girls are skittish but over 12 months Rose has come to love a pea flake and a nice head and nose rub. It has been a long process and she still hates being picked up!

Back