Heterochromia piggies unite :)

Dorota Kasiak

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I noticed last year that my piggie Ziuta has a blue and brown eye. Who else has seen this in their piggies (I was wondering how rare it is). I don't have photos of Ziuta's eyes in which this is clear but it is interesting. She seems to be unaffected but another thing I noticed is that her pupils look like they "spilled" (a bit like when you break the yolk in an egg). The photos of this are now on my computer but it's another thing I found strange (again, no sign of blindness or any other problems). Any other gorgeous pigs with this condition? :)

Attachments

Dorota Kasiak

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Never heard of it! Will try and gather information (for the joy of knowledge)

Julesie

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
My old piggie Dib had one red eye and one beautiful blue eye. Sadly have no photos because my laptop with them on broke.

Dorota Kasiak

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
My old piggie Dib had one red eye and one beautiful blue eye. Sadly have no photos because my laptop with them on broke.
It's a shame you lost your photos but she sounds like a beautiful piggie

Bill & Ted

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
My Ted has a blackish eye and one pinky brownish

Freela

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I noticed last year that my piggie Ziuta has a blue and brown eye. Who else has seen this in their piggies (I was wondering how rare it is). I don't have photos of Ziuta's eyes in which this is clear but it is interesting. She seems to be unaffected but another thing I noticed is that her pupils look like they "spilled" (a bit like when you break the yolk in an egg). The photos of this are now on my computer but it's another thing I found strange (again, no sign of blindness or any other problems). Any other gorgeous pigs with this condition? :)
My Leela has heterochromia (one brown eye, one blue eye.) It's congruent with her fur coloring- she is white with patches of red, the blue eye is on the side of her face that is all white, the brown eye is on the side that has a red patch over her ear and the side of her face, including the eye area. I do find her pupils look a bit uneven at an angle, but I have had other guinea pigs with similar pupils on brown eyes. She certainly appears to see fine from both eyes (I've had low-vision pigs due to cataracts and she doesn't have any nervousness or hesitancy the way they did when adjusting to lower vision.)

Here's the blue side...
1589822877361.png

Here's the brown side (plus a cute little baby pic! LOL!)
1589822938750.png

Dorota Kasiak

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
My Leela has heterochromia (one brown eye, one blue eye.) It's congruent with her fur coloring- she is white with patches of red, the blue eye is on the side of her face that is all white, the brown eye is on the side that has a red patch over her ear and the side of her face, including the eye area. I do find her pupils look a bit uneven at an angle, but I have had other guinea pigs with similar pupils on brown eyes. She certainly appears to see fine from both eyes (I've had low-vision pigs due to cataracts and she doesn't have any nervousness or hesitancy the way they did when adjusting to lower vision.)

Here's the blue side...
View attachment 142721

Here's the brown side (plus a cute little baby pic! LOL!)
View attachment 142722
Extremely similar to my piggie. She's also red and white with her blue on the white side and brown on her red side.

Attachments

Julesie

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
It's a shame you lost your photos but she sounds like a beautiful piggie
Yeah he was gorgeous. His fur stuck up like wings on his back. I had to give him to a rescue as he wouldn’t stop humping Romano afree boar dated him with Romano