• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Hilarious boar behaviour

Boars are absolute clowns, I don't care what anyone says - especially when they're together. I never saw my two do that precisely, but they did used to rumble at each other, mount each other, fall off immediately, and then chase each other in a zoomies circuit they made up on the spot. Lots of excited shrieking going on at the same time too, it wasn't like a squabble or an argument.

Then there was the days they "shared" a lettuce leaf between. them. Blitzen would steal it off Comet and get a mouthful. Comet would then steal it off Blitzen and get a mouthful. Rinse and repeat til there's no more lettuce leaf - but they'd still be convinced the other one was just hiding it somewhere. "You hid my lettuce." "You hid MY lettuce!".

Ah, boars.

Yep, my boys have an evening happy/silly hour for sure. They just do circuits and plenty of popcorning combined with wheeking "you NEVER feed us" and then be ever so endearing and come over for strokes and chin rubs😍. Another favourite at the moment is the let's bring the fleece to life game when they burrow underneath and think they're hiding from the hoomans🤣😆. Only one word for them, daft, but wouldn't want them any other way!

My boys seem to have lost a bit of their sense since they moved outside! Takes them a while to realise I’ve put their pellets in. Sometimes they want hand feeding even if I’ve scattered them already 🙄 And I would say Toffee is even more needy these days when it comes to stroking! Though the past week or so he hasn’t been coming to the door to greet me. But he wheeks the loudest now 🥰

Sometimes Elvis will try to rumble at Eddie but ends up popcorning instead 🤣 He desperately tries to fight the popcorn and keep up his big bad piggy image (he's a softy really of course) but the popcorns always get the better of him :)) :)) It usually sets Eddie off and then they have a crazy 5 minutes zooming and popcorning together! They really are such funny little clowns 🥰

Yeah, basically unless you're trying to groom them or you're a vet. Or, god forbid, both.

Or when after 2 years they decide they hate each other after all and tear bits out of each other.
I love my boars, I really do, but I can live without that drama at midnight just as I'm going to bed.

Mine did the opposite and squeezed themselves both into a fleece tunnel, side by side, that was in no way big enough for that and got themselves stuck. They even had a bigger tunnel right next to it. I really wished sometimes I could understand the logic.

Mine did the opposite and squeezed themselves both into a fleece tunnel, side by side, that was in no way big enough for that and got themselves stuck. They even had a bigger tunnel right next to it. I really wished sometimes I could understand the logic.
It’s piggy logic, you wouldn’t understand 🤷🏾‍♀️

I shouldn’t laugh! It reminds me of my daughter who hated all medicines as a baby. Even calpol!

I felt sorry for my mum trying to get them into me as well. I couldn’t swallow tablets and if it wasn’t the *right* consistency then I’d just throw up! (Tmi yes) I’ve always been weird with food and liquid textures

Or when after 2 years they decide they hate each other after all and tear bits out of each other.
I love my boars, I really do, but I can live without that drama at midnight just as I'm going to bed.

Boars aren’t alone in that. I’ve had sows do that, too. Psycho sow behaviour!

Back