Hissing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi :)p

I have noticed one of my guinea pigs... does a occasional hiss.. well she done it to my O/H and he asked me what it was.. and after looking up on guinea sounds and behaviour i could not find anything?

Also one of my guinea pigs.. she rarely squeeks.. and when she does squeek (only for food occasionally) she will really try and go for it but instead its a hiss then squeek... like shes loosing her voice or something? Her breathing is fine other than that... just curious to know is this just a funny random guinea behaviour this piggy has.. :))

Esther x

Reaction score
My piggy Sappho used to do that squeaking thing. It's almost like she had laryngitis all the time! It would come out really hoarse and breathy. She was perfectly fine. Some guineas squeak louder than others :) It was so sweet to watch her really go for a squeal and then have it come out all quiet!

Reaction score
My piggy Sappho used to do that squeaking thing. It's almost like she had laryngitis all the time! It would come out really hoarse and breathy. She was perfectly fine. Some guineas squeak louder than others :) It was so sweet to watch her really go for a squeal and then have it come out all quiet!

yes that is exactly it for one of my piggies :)) is it anything serious?

Romily

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I have had a few piggies who sounded like that but they had no other signs of illness so I just put it down to being too vocal and losing their wheek!

piggiewiggie

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
my two old man boars do this till they get their wheek going:)

Status
Not open for further replies.