• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Hole in ear

AmyMc

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I have today noticed a little hole in Merlin's ear. I'm not sure if it was there before but after finding a tiny about of bloody on a feed bowl I had an investigation. Is this normal piggy behaviour to nip?

Thank you.

What sex are your piggies?
What size cage?
How long have they been together?
Ages?

Nipping but not breaking the skin can be normal but if they have had a fight and drawn blood, then that can often mean their bond is broken and they need separating permanently.
We would need further information to be able to help further

EDIT - I’ve just looked back and I remembered your other post. They are just coming up to their teens and are in a 100cm cage. As we mentioned on that thread, their cage is too small, but also, there is no guarantee that they will be compatible for the long term. You are going to need to watch them and monitor their behaviour. If it is escalating from normal dominance to more aggressive behaviours, then they may not be compatible.

Last edited:
The new cage is coming today luckly, zooplus are very fast! I will move them over and see what they do after that. EDIT - It's just arrived!

They've been together since birth as brothers but will see how they go, be upsetting if they're not compatible. They follow each other around and call for each other sometimes when they're getting hugs. They seem to have a bond but time will tell.

Yikes, this might take me awhile... 🙈

Attachments

• IMG_20200815_121047.jpg
    IMG_20200815_121047.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 8
Good luck with the build!
Sadly being siblings means nothing as to their compatibility.

When you move them to the new cage, be careful. A change in cage, environment, set up constitutes a change of territory and will in itself cause dominance. Use some of their soiled bedding in the new cage as it can help them settle

Back