• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Holiday food.

Merv987

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I'm going away for 10 days soon, my neighbour has said she'll feed my 3 little piggies, but I need to make it simple by prepping the food. So what veg can I leave that will be fresh enough in 10 days, or is there an alternative?

Hi. I had this problem recently too. In the end of couldn't think of any prepared veg that would survive in fridge for that long. So I just left a bag of curly kale in the fridge and asked my neighbour to give a couple of big handfuls of this each day as well as their pellets. I also asked her to buy a new bag half way through my holiday, which she did. This was the most hassle free way I could think off. My girls were fine on my return.x

When we’re away I leave a load of fresh Vegas in the fridge, a knife and their veggie bowl on the kitchen worktop and cash for fresh veggies.
This works as I have a lovely friend who is willing to come and feed my girls.

Carrot, spring greens and celery seem to keep the longest. But I agree best idea is probably to leave some money, so the pet sitter can buy more half way through :nod:

You could leave peppers, a bag of mixed greens and some celery. If you put the celery in water, like flowers in a vase, it will last. I'm sure she'd be fine chopping it. I usually leave an assortment of veg, a chopping board and a knife for my neighbour who watches the piggies.

Back