Home Invasion :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

theoretikos

Rescue Buddy
Reaction score
Think I need to steal your plastic tub idea :)

Pigs are always more fun than essays. I would never have gotten through college and uni with them :))

Coco&Luna

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Luna's crabby old neighbour is just lucky she has a big loft and a ramp to stop me squeezing myself uninvited into her house too. haha.

@theoretikos haha, good luck, you shoulda seen the state of me trying to make wee door cause the plastic is really brittle and kept splitting. I tried to use a stanley knife and split my finger open, then tried using a lighter to heat the knife to melt the hole, then used a dremel and sprayed all my arms with boiling melted plastic......the result was a bit of a mess too, thats why it's all taped round the edges. hahaha

Yehhhh.....this essays due in 6 days and i've done 400 out of 3,500 words......blehhhhhh, I hate uni lol :(

Abbie

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Okay.. This made me want to go and climb into my boys cage...

But I cant, their cage is off the floor being held up by grids, so it would just collapse!

Coco&Luna

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
@sport_billy yeah she's good Lee, her movements and walking look a little less awkward and she screams and runs alot less when I pat her bottom half, I think she only does it at all is because it's habituated into her to expect pain.....I'm hoping. I'm still having to wash her bum and change her bedding alot, so shes still not lifting herself up to pee. I'm not sure if that's because of pain or because she actually can't. But a definite improvement! Thanks for asking. :)

Coco&Luna

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
@Abbie haha, aww. I couldn't deal with that. I'm always in their cage & It's easier to peg the fleece down when I change them out if I just get in it lol

Julesie

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
That plastic idea is amazing! I get so annoyed with my two at the bottom because with half an hour of cleaning the cage out its a mess. HAY EVERYWHERE!

I might climb in their cage too actually. I wonder what they would think... :))

Coco&Luna

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
That plastic idea is amazing! I get so annoyed with my two at the bottom because with half an hour of cleaning the cage out its a mess. HAY EVERYWHERE!

I might climb in their cage too actually. I wonder what they would think... :))
You should do it, it's a pain in the neck making the door, but it saves soooo much time cleaning them. They only pee and poo in the hay boxes at all really so you only need to change the hay box every day and give the bits that have fallen out the door a sweep up. You use up a big bag of hay a week, but it's so worth it so you don't have to change the fleece and hoover up poop & hay constantly lol

Just daeee itttt. I do it all the time when I can't be bothered chasing them about to get them out to play.....i think they prefer it because they know i'll go away eventually , haha.

Julesie

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
You should do it, it's a pain in the neck making the door, but it saves soooo much time cleaning them. They only pee and poo in the hay boxes at all really so you only need to change the hay box every day and give the bits that have fallen out the door a sweep up. You use up a big bag of hay a week, but it's so worth it so you don't have to change the fleece and hoover up poop & hay constantly lol

Just daeee itttt. I do it all the time when I can't be bothered chasing them about to get them out to play.....i think they prefer it because they know i'll go away eventually , haha.
Yeah I'm going to try and get a plastic box sometime and cut a hole for them. The two at the top are fine, its just the two at the bottom. Very messy pair.

Haha I've climbed in their cage many times as I clean it just not while they are in it. I'll only be able to do it after I've cleaned them out though as I don't use fleece. :P

Status
Not open for further replies.