Home Made Ashes Boxes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coco&Luna

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I still don't feel ready to post cokes on this section. I'm still too full of conflicting emotions surrounding cokes death and makes me feel sick at the thought.

But I got her back and she came in an envelope with the ashes sealed in a tiny seal bag (the ones you associate with people keeping drugs in, lol)
With a sticker with her name on the front.

pat came in like a little pouch inside a navy jewellery box with a gold label on the front with her name on.

I didn't like that they didnt match and they were sisters so i wanted them to sit by side and compliment each other, the way the did in life.

Anyway, here are their new home made boxes that on the window ledge ad watch over Stanley and Luna

they're cute aren't they, the photos's arent that great. x

IMG_20150503_155509[1].webp IMG_20150503_155517[1].webp IMG_20150503_155517[1].webp IMG_20150503_155528[1].webp IMG_20150503_155700[1].webp IMG_20150503_155711[1].webp IMG_20150503_155725[1].webp

The little envelopes are sealed with a stamp that say "i miss you" and i have wrote little letters to them both and put them inside :)

Attachments

• IMG_20150503_155518[1].webp
    IMG_20150503_155518[1].webp
    18.7 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_20150503_155644[1].webp
    IMG_20150503_155644[1].webp
    29.8 KB · Views: 3
They are beautiful memorials. I am not suprised that you are struggling with Coco's death, as you had such a horrible time struggling to combat her illness. You went through huge emotional upheaval. I love your personalised ashes boxes. it is so special when you are able to do things yourself to remember them.

@Goth Mummy Thank you so much. I constantly have to try and not think about her. It feels like it was such an unnecessary dealth and I was unable to get her the support she needed (not for lack of trying though). I've lost alot of immediate family and pets, but none have ever given me this guilty hole in the pit of my stomach that i cant seem to get over lol

What beautiful homemade boxes.

I will be getting Matthews ashes back soon (It was supposed to be today but obviously its a weekend so I didn't get a call and I doubt I will tomorrow either) hopefully I will get them Tuesday. I am worried he will come in just a bag as Gilbert did but Ludwig got a beautiful wooden box with his name in gold plate on top of it. I've been trying to think of what to do for Matthew as I can't put him in Ludwig's box as I did Gilbert's ashes because they were cage mates and Matthew isn't.

How did you make these? I may try to do the same thing.

They're beautiful, brought a little tear to my eye! Big hugs to you - be kind to yourself and take things at your own pace xx

Beautiful tributes to special piggies. Where did you get the boxes? I have always buried my piggies but am thinking of cremation next time...

Thanks guys, the boxes were little plain wooden boxes from the range, you can get them in all different shaped and sizes (like little heart shaped ones). & all the little embelishments are from the range too in the crafts isle. There's thousands of them so you can individualise them if you wanted. I stuck to the same so the boxes were identicle. :)

I like the idea of burrial, I thinks its beauitiful..I want to be burried so want all the worms and insects to eat me then the birds eat them and so I'm stil a part of the life cycle, lol
I just couldn't let go of Pat at the time and I don't really have a garden just now, so when it came to cokes, i got her ashes back too so they could be together in my bedroom like the used to be.

@Coco&Luna I understand how you feel, I felt the same when Toffee died after having to take her to 2 different vets and begging for alternative treatment, it is exhausting both physically and mentally. Your boxes are lovely. I have seen them in The Range and Hobby Craft for anyone else who is interested.

So sorry for your loss but what a beautiful little resting place for them both.
Sleep well little ones x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back