• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Home Made Piggy Beds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niki

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I saw a piggy bed someone had made and was inspired so thought i'd give it a go myself and here's the results.

BedPBlue.jpg

BedDBlue.jpg

BedTeddy.jpg

All the foam was packing from my new sofas, the 1st 2 are covered from old fleece jumpers, the 3rd is from a piece of fleece that i bought and is for my new piggies (when i get 'them)
I just hope my boys like 'them ;D ;D

They're brilliant, well done :D

Wish I was that handy ;D

They're brill, have you got instructions so I can copy?

Cor they're clever and look really pretty. I wish I could do stuff like that. You should sell them on Ebay

kayjay said:
They're brill, have you got instructions so I can copy?

Hi Kayjay

They were really easy to make.
You need 3 pieces of foam, bout 1" thick. 1 square/rectangular piece for the bottom,
1 semi-circle/arch for the back
1 long rectangular piece for the sides/top.

Cover all the pieces in fleece first then sew 'them all together.
I sewed the back piece to the bottom piece first then arched my long piece over.
I sewed along one side (from the front edge) then up over the top and then along the other side.
The openings seemed a bit wide so i just sewed 'them down.
None of mine are the same size cos i wasn't v.good at cutting the foam. ;D
The way i measured the top piece was to wrap it from one side ( over the arch) to the other :)

Let us know how you get on and pls post some pics

Abnoba said:
can you machine wash them?

they look really good :)

I would think so, it's only thin foam and the outside is fleece so can't see a prob on a 40 degree wash :)

They look ace! I would never get mine out of them! haha

Clever you! ;D

xx

Thanks Everyone ;D

The Beds are going in today, i'll let you know what the boys' verdicts are. I suspect Wallace & Wilbur won't be bothered, they won't entertain their pigloo, whereas Hamish loves his and uses it for the purpose of it's name ;D ;D

Abnoba said:
are you planning on selling some? I bet youd find some buyers here ^^

Hi Abnoba,
I'd not given it a thought, as they're real easy to make but if anyone wants one making..........get in touch :)

Abnoba said:
what colors fleece / fabric do you have left? :)

Hi
I've got some teddy fleece left and some pale blue fleece but not much foam, maybe enough to make 1 bed, you should give it a go, they are really easy to do :)

They're now installed in the boy's hutches.........

Wallace and Wilbur kicked it outta the way, don't think they like it ::)

Huxley sniffed it and shoved himself straight past it and my darling Hamish has abandoned his pigloo and is happily nesting in it! ;D ;D

Abnoba said:
teddy fleece! :)

How much do you want for a bed?

If you pay the cost of the p & p (i'll find out the total and let you know) and make a donation to a piggy rescue centre, that b fine wi me :)

Hi Abnoba

Your piggy bed is finished!
I've sent you a p.m. with approx postal prices etc.
Here's a pic

AbnobaPiggyBed.jpg

Look forward to hearing from you
Niki x

oooooooooooh, pretty! thank you very much!

now I just have to find some local rescue center... does it have to be especially piggy, or would RSPCA do? they are just about 25 minutes from us, piggie rescues are all in Leeds I think ... 2 hours away. ^^

by the way, do you have paypal? or would you prefer me sending cash, or cheque (seems silly for a few quid), or directly transfer it to your bank account, or....? Thanks for doing that for me, I'm sure theyll LOVE it! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back