• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Hope

Status
Not open for further replies.

1_winged_angel

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
OK as you all probably know, my littlest boy, Hope has a problem with obsessively humping Patch and Gizmo. It got really nasty today and Patch and Hope had a huge fight which Patch came out worse for wear... Lovely wound on his side which is nice and clean and he is OK now with Gizmo.

The problem in my herd is Hope. He is obsessively humping and attacking the others and we have had to put him on his own. Now he just won't stop wheeking because he misses the others, but he can't go back in while hes attacking them.

Any ideas?

Is he nuetured? Or would you consider getting him nuetured? It wont change his behaviour drastically, but it may calm him down a little, but you could try and bond him with a female once he has been done.

I once had a problem like that with my Fluffy. The other boars started to get fed up with it, so I moved him out temporarily. He really missed the others though, and kept escaping. After a few days on being separate, he calmed down, and I put him back with the others. He's never done it since.

How old is Hope? It seems like the younger boars go through a hormonal phase.

Hopefully everything turns out ok :)

He was 21 days old when we got him, so he's got to be 11 weeks old now. Gizmo is 14 weeks old and is doing really well and isn't humping at all.

It was funny I will admit, like a little pneumatic bottom!

That's about the age Fluffy, Smores, and Enrico were when they started doing that. Not all boars do this though, Bob never did.

He did get aggressive with Patch and poor Patch is a gentle giant really. Alphonse did it but got bored as soon as he realised that Patch is a boy and it wasn't doing anything. Poor Hope, I think he may need the snip and a bossy girlfriend.

I would love to reintroduce him, but the other two are much to gentle and calm. He needs a cagemate who would tell him in no uncertain terms where him and his pneumatic bottom can go... aah bless him he is a sweetie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back