• UK storm warning - Danger of unseasonal high winds and falling trees! Please secure any hutches and sheds, and bring your guinea pigs and rabbits indoors if possible! Click Here for info

Hormone Horrors!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

piggywig

New Born Pup
Reaction score
I woke this morning to frantic activity in the hutch.Where there had been some chasing and mating behaviours between the two boys now they were 'at it 'non .stop.The bigger one Willow even seems to have changed personality being the oldest and the instigator.They didn't want to be caught to go in the run and once in there they reduced the place to a terrible mess and were 10x worse.Lunch time they decided to call a break,ate some pellets and had a sleep.Then round two.A voice from many years ago when I was a child GP keeper rang through my memory ."No,you don't want two boars they'll be trouble".They are two little bundles of trouble but I hope when they get over their hormones and issues ,things will still be ok between them because the family like them a lot.

Abbie

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Boys are so silly! Mine are currently going through exactly the same thing so I know how you feel!
Mine have been fairly calm today thankfully!

I hope your boys manage to get through everything!

Freela

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I have two girls, but they do seem to be prone to 'pig PMS' on some days!

Status
Not open for further replies.