• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Horrible Things Are Happening In Three's :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jennifer D

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Poor Spike just died in my arms. I don't even know what happened. I took her out of her cage (she was hiding in her house with Vixen) and brought her upstairs to flush out her abscess like I've been doing every day for the past few weeks. I don't know if she hurt herself struggling a little bit or if I somehow hurt her by accident or if she wasn't too happy to begin with butone second she was squirming a little bit and next she just went limp. I feel so awful either way. I rushed back downstairs because I knew something was wrong and placed her in the hut again next to Vixen since I didn't want her to die without any other piggies around her and just have the horrible woman who was flushing out her icky abscess around for her last minutes on Earth. I've buried her in the back garden next to Gigantica and her best friend Oreo. I don't know what I'm going to do with my little Vixen. I'm going to look into finding her another home with other piggy friends or I'm going to see how I feel in a few weeks and maybe get her another pig to live with. I was thinking yesterday that after the deaths of Oreo and Tica, I don't want anymore piggies. I'll see how I feel in a few weeks anyways- there are a few piggies up for adoption with Kassy's Furry Friends Rescue http://kassysfurryfriends.webs.com but I'm undecided. I guess my old lady pigs were just never meant to sit on the lawn and eat their first grass this summer. Super bummed :( They really would have loved it :)

Oh I am so sorry buddy :( Absolutely awful, please in no way blame yourself it sound like it was just her time. You have had so many heartbreaks recently. You are not alone we are all here for you. Spike had an amazing loving home with you remember that. Huge Hugs x x

RIP Spike
x x

Oh I'm so so sorry. Was it something infectious that all your pigs have died of? I'm so sorry you must be heart broken. Dont think about new pigs yet, everything is too raw and you are struggling with your new dog. Give yourself time. Much love to you xx

Oh I'm so so sorry. Was it something infectious that all your pigs have died of? I'm so sorry you must be heart broken. Dont think about new pigs yet, everything is too raw and you are struggling with your new dog. Give yourself time. Much love to you xx
Thankfully no- Oreo died from old age- she was 5-6 years old and Spike was the same age. Tica died from what I think was complications from a surgery to remove her eye- I think she just decided that she'd finally had enough after all the meds and surgeries :(

I'm so sorry for your loss.
People already gave you nice advices, so I don't really have nothing more to add on that matter. Just sending lots of strength to you. And big hugs.
Popcorn free Spike. RIP.

Oh you are just having a horrible run of bad luck then. I lost two in December and it was horrible, I know how you feel. Take care of yourself x

Oh my gosh, I'm so so sorry!
I know how you feel, it's awful to loose multiple pets so close together. Remember, never ever blame yourself, we can't control these things.

Sleep tight Spike x
Here for you, huge hugs!xx

6f85c3bc9098c2de16246c12d6c46437b1b5834d8ad9a69892bb2e9637ccd479.jpg
This always makes me smile :) I'm cheering myself up lol

Oh that is just so heartbreaking! I am so so sorry for you, I can't imagine what it must be like for you right now after losing your girls so close together. Big hugs.

Absolutely do not blame yourself and take some time to grieve before considering what to do next.

Sleep tight Spike x

BIG HUGS

I am so sorry for you! What a rotten time you are having! Please don't blame yourself. It was most likely just her time. It sounds like it was going to happen at the first possible occasion she'd be a bit stressed whether you were present or not. :(

How are you coping? I lost three of my piggies to various causes in quick succession a year ago, and it whacked me and my confidence really badly even though I knew that I had done everything right. You are a very loving and good mummy, and just experiencing one of those nasty phases when everything happens all at once.

RIP Spike

Yes, Wiebke is right, you do loose confidence even if you do nothing wrong. When I lost my old horse and my cat within weeks of each other I really struggled and questioned my ability to look after any animals. Loosing Toffee and Ripple in December so close together has also knocked me for six. It does just happen like that sometimes, but its so hard to deal with. Are you OK @Jennifer D you seem like such a strong person but even the strongest of us can struggle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back