• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Housing for sow and boar

Seven7

Forum Donator 2023/24
Reaction score
Hello, I am new to this forum from USA.

I was asked to adopt an unwanted sow by a close family friend and I already have a boar named Finn.
This family friend bought their baby girl guinea pig from a pet shop a couple of weeks ago, and decided they no longer want to care for her. She is around a couple of months old by now. They said I am their best candidate as the pet parent and asked me to take her just yesterday. Obviously, I haven't had time to think so I joined this forum as soon as I had a chance today.

Since I never planned on getting a sow, I don't want to risk my boy Finn through a surgery to castrate him. I actually was looking for a boy cagemate for my boy Finn but not a girl.

What should the living arrangements be for my boy Finn and this new sow? My concern is for the safety of this unwanted sow.
I definitely do not want babies so I am looking for a solution to this issue I am faced with.
Any helpful comments will be appreciated, thanks in advance.

Back