• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

how about this for three gps?

Status
Not open for further replies.
these are quite nice huthces but all mine are in cc runs in sheds but i do think these are well made especially the first one,

The first one looks good cos the roof lifts up, but could really only use in the summer as the bottom level has to go on the grass or whatever, whereas pets at home cage is wooden flooring on the bottom.
I have got the Thistle Hall cage, which i think is on special £109.99 in my store, and it is really big!

I have the first one & love it. My girls are already in the shed for the winter though. I keep it on concrete in the summer which does well in keeping their nails down (still do need trimming). The lift up lid is ace. I did screw a bit of wood on to stop the girls falling down onto the ramp. It has also helped with keeping bedding upstairs.

Not so keen on:
where the mesh goes down into the frame there is a gap where bedding/poo can get stuck. A windy day or excited pig will scatter bedding easily. If this then gets wet you have a pile of wet poo to pick out with a knitting needle! I still haven't got round to pumping some clear silicone in there to stop it happening.

Would have 100 of these hutches!

Do think that I would have been able to keep the girls outside a bit longer if it would have had a solid base. But in the summer I wouldn't have been able to hose down the concrete to cool it. (which the ladies loved btw).

I found that if I stood this hutch on bricks and added a run to the front of it (providing the run had a side missing)then removed one brick the pigs could run in & out from hutch to run with no doors being open.

H78

hils78 said:
. I keep it on concrete in the summer which does well in keeping their nails down (still do need trimming).

When I say they still do need trimming I meant that this alone won't keep their nails down. You still do need to trim!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back