• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

How Can I Make A Hutch More Interesting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

guineapigemily

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
My guinea pigs live in the Bluebell Hideaway hutch from pets at home. http://www.petsathome.com/shop/en/pets/bluebell-hideaway-(in-store)
i absolutely hate it, i think its too small and i cant fit what i like it ;( Id love a C+C cage or one of these hutches each for the piggies but i cant because i literally have no space for either :( I would be willing to get rid of my bed for another guinea pig hutch but apparently, my parents think thats a bad idea :') Dont see why not!
Anyway, how can i make this more fun for the guinea pigs because i know they get bored, especially as they live alone. I feel so bad :( also, I'm too young for a job so i only have little money. Does anyone have any ideas for what i could do? I'm able to made diy things as my dad has all the tools, and i can hang things from the tops etc. :)

You can make hidey holes with boxes- cut out a couple of holes for entrances and vola- a piggie house. If you can Sew you can make cuddle cups or snuggle sacks with fleece and some wadding etc. You can get cheap things like willow balls from wilkersons (3 balls for about 5 pound). Wooden tunnels or huts can be made with un treated wood- or piggie safe paint.
You can get cheapish beds that people make- on facebook snoozies cozies and stephs piggie paradise make very good value beds- plus loads of other people. Loo roll tubes stuffed with hay are also good. x

ooo thats a good idea :) I have made a little bed for both of them but they wern't too good because they were like testers ;) I'm definitely going to make them some things then.
Id love to order stuff from those places! I'm also planning on buying liners as well. thankyou for the ideas! I'm going to make a list of things i could do, thanks :)

If you're still looking, there is a sticky named 'Guinea Pig Toys' at the top of Housing and Enrichment that has a lot of good ideas. :)

I made a hidey house out of a lightweight cardboard box (minus sellotape, with no ink on it) with two entrances cut out on opposite sides - our piggies love it because they can move it around too. I made an arch out of a simple bit of folded cardboard and they have a cardboard tube from Wilkos... this means they have a kind of race track (including their wooden arch hidey-house) which they sometimes blitz around. We move bits around from time-to-time and they are always sniffing and interested and like to have another go at running around, even if it's the same things just in different places. Lol! We also made them the veg parcels with the loo roll, which they loved. There are loads of things you can do without spending any/little money. :tu:

i shall check that out, thankyou @CarnivalPiggy I'm definitely going to make them little cardboard houses then! when i find a box :') omg veggie parcels sounds awesome! i love doing fun thing with their veggies :) i did that 'washing line' thing the other day, where you peg bits of vegetable on a string xD yaay thats good to hear :) thankyou! @Pandy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back