• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

How can I minimise this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lily 74

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi,

I have two boars one I just found out is alot older than the other one. Atm the younger one is driving me and the other guinea pig up the wall:{

He is very dominant towards the older one, pushes him out the way and continuously humps him:( and can be aggressive. I think this stresses the other one out and he makes a loud noise whilst doing this as well.

I'm not sure what to do, if I separate them they will be lonely, has anyone got any experience of this?

It's got to the point where it's stressful to watch them. This has been going on for a while.......

One is around 2 and the other could be about 4, they are adopted so I'm not 100% sure but the older one has grey hair in his fur and seems alot older.

I have had them around two months and he seems to be worse in th indoor run (larger area)

I have recently bonded two boars, Branston is 11months and Baby Pig 11weeks. Branston is dominant all the time, he chases Baby Pig every so often and I swear we constantly here him rumbling. As long as they are both eating well and there isn't any blood, I wouldn't seperate them. If you put two of everything in their cage it should help prevent squabbles, this worked for me :)

Branston & Baby Pig took quite a while to adjust to each other but now we can't seperate them; if we take one out of the cage without the other they are constanlty searching and wheeeeeking for each other :))

Perhaps if you give yours more time they may become like this :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back