• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

How Can I Show My Piggies I Love Them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Galaxy&nibbles

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
It might be a silly question but how can I show my piggies how much I love them? What do you do with your piggies to show them you love them? What are some fun things I could do with them?

Time is important, I find.
Just spending as much time with them as you can!
And the more they trust you, the more they realise you love them!

Oh and the veggies too, I agree there!

Mine 3 are 14wks old now n think coz am the one that feed most when I come in room they all come up n jump on toys n squeek at me they also have started to let me stroke them with out running I get them to take food out of my hand to so they know am sure they know when am coming down stair to or in room n thing they also know am the one that feeds them the most anyway you will get there n at some piont you,ll know that you love them x x x

Thank you for your replies, I guess I'm doing alright then as they get plenty of veggies, lots of cuddles and they squeak when I come up stairs. And they often come to the front to greet me, sometimes I get kisses too :-) I'll just carry on the same way then. Thank you very much xx

I don't think they appreciate people constantly pestering them/picking them up. But I believe they just like people talking to them when they are in their cage. As long as you are nice to them, they will love you back.

Food is always the way to their hearts :xd:

But like has been said before give them lots of attention and talk to them and then they will love you back.

Treats! LOL! I think the way to their hearts is through their stomachs! Mine do like attention. They like to come out and sit on the couch with me, but they also like it if I stop and chat to them when I walk by. They will come over and I will stick my hand in and pat their heads and scratch their necks and sometimes give them a treat. Linney loves getting her chin rubbed, so I will stop while going by and rub her chin for her. I think they know we love them!

As others have said, give them extra veggies and fruit. I also tell them every day how much they mean to me, and tell them that whatever else I say to them, I hope that somehow they get the idea they are SO special to me. (and I think they know, don't you?)

Well galaxy and nibbles seem to have overnight changed into the sweetest and loyal piggies, they don't run away or anything anymore and they actually come to me now as apposite to going to them.. I'm so pleased. Thank you for all the replies

Well galaxy and nibbles seem to have overnight changed into the sweetest and loyal piggies, they don't run away or anything anymore and they actually come to me now as apposite to going to them.. I'm so pleased. Thank you for all the replies
Sometimes it happens just that way; good to hear they're bonding with you so nicely! (please give them a cuddle for me)

The piggies I've owned have all responded well to gentle kissing around the ears and eyes. That seems to transmit some kind of loving message.

Also, piggy massage with your finger tips (when they are led on your lap facing away from you).

Conversation too. Piggies are very sociable creatures and your attempts to communicate are always appreciated.

x

Aurora has hit the nail on the head; rubbing and kissing round the eyes and ears. If you watch a pair of bonded piggies interact, you will sometimes see one licking the other around the eyes and ears. This is how piggies show each other affection. So if we do the same, we can show them our affection. And I believe they show us their affection by licking our hands or faces.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back