• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

how clever are your guineas

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kaztrekie

i`ve decided that thomas and percy are either very clever or just sneaky ;)

i went into the lounge as soon as they saw me they went to there hay rack(which was empty) started sqeaking like mad
as soon as i put hay in they were quiet and carried on ::)
and they seem to know when its breakfast time they are always at the door to the cage waiting same time each day.

Oh yeah! My lot, especially the boys are clever and extremely cheeky! They all squeak when it's their tea time (they can tell the time you know!) and will tap the bowls with their paws when they want some more dry food!

Tonic will hide under me (my wheels) when its time for bed and no more runs!

Kelly and piggies xx

you will never guess what Harveys been doing today ? he climbs the side of his c and c run like a ladder balances on top then jumps into the next run, I could'nt understand how he was doing it so stood and watched him and could'nt believe my eyes, I had to get my daughter to watch as well to make sure i was seeing it for real, she was astounded and just looked at me and we both burst out laughing, luckly the side he jumps into they are a friendly bunch he pinches their food and lays down, but why on earth have i got a perfoming pig ?I'm going to take a photo of him doing it tomorrow to show you, shows how well my boys get along I suppose lol

Mine are really clever. they all respond to their names, tell me when they want food or hay or cereal. if I am on the phone they are always quiet, then when I come off immediately they will shout for food. So polite too . . .

Yeah - mine too! Always know when it's breakfast and dinner, pellet and hay top ups, floor time, etc ;D

I'm convinced that George can tell the time. Even if I miss 4 o'clock feed time, he will tell me. He runs out of the fiddlesticks looks at me and wheeks like mad. We're thinking of moving the clock so he can't see it anymore ;D

My Charlie understands a small range of words..."Listen" and "Who's that" provoke a reaction out of him. He'll go into alert mode...stood in an 'alert' pose, head slightly tilted to one side, eyes wide, eyes quivering...listening out for someone.

He and all the girls also understand their names - I shout "Charlie" and Charlie comes running up to me, food or no food involved. The same with Tuppy. Jasmine and Lottie do react but are not confident enough with their names to run up to me like Charlie and Tuppy do. They just run up to the cage bars and stick their noses out instead.

They also know that hay is in a plastic bag, so if I get a plastic bag out they wheek and popcorn like there's no tomorrow.

They know if anyone walks past the stairs, opens a door, chops something up, rustles a bag, opens the stair gate or goes up the stairs between the hours of 7-10am and 4-8pm that they are due a salad.
No-one even has to do this...if you haven't taken them a salad by 6pm they bite the cage bars, making the whole house sound as though it's caving in. You could creep up the stairs and not make a single sound and you see them all standing on each other squabbling in the HallWay about who gets to go out the door first. :D

x Laura x

Rudi would sit by my bottom step of the stairs every day so when i got in from school id see him and he'd sit on the kitchen step when he was hungrey and chew the fridge door for veg, Zubin is a little silly he'll smack into walls then rumblestru at them like a drunk person would pick a fight if he walked into a coat stand hehhe .x

gothchick1515 said:
Rudi would sit by my bottom step of the stairs every day so when i got in from school id see him and he'd sit on the kitchen step when he was hungrey and chew the fridge door for veg, Zubin is a little silly he'll smack into walls then rumblestru at them like a drunk person would pick a fight if he walked into a coat stand hehhe .x

LOL, that's funny!

It really is ill try and get a pic of him doing it, hes hilarious

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back