• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

How did you name your guinea pigs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

lizz79

Hi just thought id be nosy lol and ask if theres a reason why you called your piggies what you did? Is there a story behind the name? I called mine loula just because i love the name and the others Dora because shes tries to leg it at any opportunity ( likes shes off exploring lol) Sorry if this thread has already been done ::) liz :)

The original owners named him after Simba from the Lion King, I liked the name so kept it :)

Flossie, because she is brown with a small white stripe down her leg which looks like dental floss lol

Tia, because it was raining in the car when i just picked her up...only name i could think of in the rain.

Guinea..because i couldn't think of a name and he came out to see me when i called him Guinea. So it stuck!

Called my first piggy Lily, just liked the name, and because she was a very gentle sweet piggy, like Lily in Harry Potter.

Then we got Marvin, wanted to call him James, to go with Lily, boyfriend said no. Then Marvolo (as in Voldemort) but my boyfriend rejected that aswell. I insisted, saying we could call him Marvin for short, and he thought about it, said there was someone called Marvin in hitchhikers guide to the galaxy and he apparently likes that, so marvin it was.

Then Milka - she is a chocolate himi, and there is a gorgeous german chocolate brand called Milka.

Then Pebbles - um, not sure, my boyfriend named her.. I think we wanted to call her Nibbles and then he sort of said pebbles... really, got no clue. But it suited her - she had huuuuuuge black eyes, not unlike dark pebbles.

then Mabel come along - she is a tiny little thing, and I am caring for an elderly lady called Mabel who is like, 5 stone, so I picked that.
also at this point we only had piggies starting with M, so I thought Id stick to that.

I named my two after the 70's sitcom George and Mildred because that's what me and Steve are like ;D They could have been Daisy and Onslow too as that's another tv couple that me and Steve seem to resemble quite closely ;D

we named ours after seasons,types of chocolate,drinks,sweets(candy) and Fidget was called that because she never sat still,Richard(Mr Pig) was named after the lead guitarist of Rammstein and Rosie(Mrs Pig) after my middle name Rose

I normally wait a little while before naming mine as I like to see what kind of personality they have and what name will suit them. The rescues tend to keep their original names unless they are really atrocious ::)

I never name a guinea pig after another one and so sometimes struggle to find names that I really like.
I have a list of guinea pig names on my site :)

Barbara

I use themes like Harry Potter we had 9 babies born one weekend to 2 of my girls ( kept them all) and we went through the Harry Potter books and picked out names like dobby floo ( I have had 2 floos now) griffen pheonix lupin ( 3 Lupins) etc then we had flowers, lily twice rose rosie lavender(2) lilac daisy poppy etc and like some one else sweets and choccys glaxy (2) cadbury twix etc, biscuit cookie and the more obvious like patch and of course my opld fashioned names like Arthur(artie) Albert(albie) Henry George Evee Clara Violet (also a flower) Harvey etc then 101 dalmations purdey pongo patch dipstick etc, I dont mind using names again as it keeps them fresh in my mind and i feel its a compliment, I would love another Bear and Henry they were very special, domino was named as he was black and white and demon becasue I called him that when I realised he had testicals and in with the girls luckly he did no harm,as you can see mine get their names from a variety of ways .

Most of my pigs have been named after Amercan Indian tribes: Nazca, Maya, Kiowa, Shoshone, Cheyenne & Lilloet

My first ever piggy was called Rodney (named by my brother) after the guinea pig in Dr Dolittle.

My 2 girls, Tia and Tilly, were named by my brothers girlfriend. She suggested them and I liked them so they stayed! I also have Trixie who I adopted and that was the name she was given by the rescue. It really suits her so I kept it.

Beaney said:
My first ever piggy was called Rodney (named by my brother) after the guinea pig in Dr Dolittle.

My 2 girls, Tia and Tilly, were named by my brothers girlfriend. She suggested them and I liked them so they stayed! I also have Trixie who I adopted and that was the name she was given by the rescue. It really suits her so I kept it.

yay another one with the name Tia

Riff Raff from the Rocky Horror Show
Scarbo is a friend's nickname
Rocket after the leaf, but he wizzes round like a space rocket

And my Darling Angel Doctor Atkins -named after Robert Atkins, my hero, who invented the only diet that makes you lose weight and become healthier.

rest in peace, my darling Angel, and Robert.

Black Delilah after a background piece of music for a background piggy. Ziggy and Bolan Peru and Merino (hmmm, I'll let you guess ;) Molly Mop (Texel ::) Calista, means beautiful....

Rescues are usually blessed with a theme, though that gets difficult at times. :D

My children names them, Deana named Duke and Scott named Sully, it took us weeks till we realised that the D & S matched up to the owner :D

Funnily enough the movie Monsters Inc was out at the time we got them everyone thought we'd named Sully after the character. BTW love the movie ;)

Bokki is named as my other half's computer business is called Springbok Computers but everyone calls it Bokki computers.

And Beni is named after the resort in spain called Benidorm as i love it there.

Love
Claire
x

Sue came with her name - I think the girl said from Piggy (Peggy)Sue
Margalo from the canary in Stuart Little 2 who my daughter had a fixation on at the time but I LOVE her name the best out of all of them.
MArble (RB) had a Silver & white marble cake effect pattern to her coat.
Emily ?no ideas daughter named her.
Sylvie because she's a silver colour
Spud because he came with that one & I've wanted to call a pig spud in ages - was fate you see ;)
Rescues - Licky (aka Abnobas RB Pebbles ) she licked
DeeDee (RB)pretty name for such a scrap of a pig half bald & in a bad state named by my OH - later found out it was for Deaths Door _ the b@st@rd!
BAndit because of the band round his tummy
Quarter because of the quarter of white on his coat.

My current ones are pig and spike, pig because we couldn't think of a name. Just calllling him pig and it stuck! Same way the cat got the name Mog actually. Spike, my o/h named him spike coz his fur spikes in all directions.

Past pets
Bayleaf-from Londons Burning character
Wige-not sure, she had a few diffent names before i stuck on that
Tiny-because he was tiny when i got him.
Robson and Jerome-i think you can guess
Teddy-not sure
Fluffy-Because he was so fluffy when he was born and that continued
Patch-because she had patches of colour
My rabbit Dog- His official name was floppy coz he had lop ears, But he looked just like a little Puppy so i always called him dog.
Brownie and Ginge-because of the colouring.

My cats are Holly and Daisy,my dog is Poppy.
I thought i would stick with the flower theme,my piggies are Bluebell,Buttercup,Blossom,Lily and Rosie :)

My first I named Herbie because he was always 'brrrrr-ing'
Second Nugget because he was the colour of chicken nuggets!
Third is called Scuba because he likes diving under anything he sees
Fourth is Duney my 5 year old brother just randomly came up with it and the same with my fifth (Luda) and sixth (Cake)

Sadly I no longer have Herbie or Nugget as they died of old age :'(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back