• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

How did your piggy get its name?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Just wondering how your guinea pig get its name! Are first pig was named Biscuit as his colour looks like a biscuit. My children named Tinkerbell and Bessie was named after my daughters friend died at 10 years old, as her name was Amber Bessie.
Its hard to name the ones that come into the rescue as I tend to run out of ideas. So if anyone has any good ideas please let me know!

Riff Raff is from the Rocky Horror Show. ;D

Scarbo is (apparently) a vampire dwarf from a French poem -I got the name from someone else. ;D

Dr Atkins (who is now an angel) is named after the best diet guru in the world, whose eating plan not only makes you lose weight but makes you healthier too. ;D

Rocket was originally named after the salad leaf, but the way he hurtles around is a bit lke a space rocket. ;D

Hi the pigs we found and rescued from a hedge we called Pinkie and Perkie after the pigs on The Good Life. My son decided to name our babies after Romans so we have Caesar. Tiberius and Brutus lots of others that could be used and they do suit them.
DSC00191.jpg

Elefon and Pedro we got shortly after visiting the US and Canada, in Canada we saw a cartoon where the boy had a hamster called Elefon. And Pedro because my OH is spanish speaking and we wanted a joke Spanish name

Mongoose and Moppy. Moppy looks like a mop and Mongoose just kinda fell into place

Maude and Maggie. Maude because I like "old fashioned" names and Maggie because I fostered a baby kitten called Maggie who died and I've still not got over it now because it was such a shock, so I thought it would be a nice way to remember her

Seanna, Dasha, Mikaili : I got those from a baby names site.

Remy: I saw this name on smallville, in the credits as the singer for the main title theme, his last name was remy, so I thought it suited him.

Piggie got called that because well.... he's a piggy ;D

And Chester, my son wanted to call him Manchester United but that was daft so I said what about Chester?

I love human names for my pigs ;D At the moment I have Leroy and Malcolm.

When I was little we had female pigs. Their names were Jemima, Polly, Felicity, Penelope, Mary and Sandra!

Oh and we had one called Queen Bee but I never knew where that name came from. I think it was because she would only live by herself!

I can think of lots of names that I'd love to use but wouldn't have room for all the pigs ;D

we use themes like in Harry Potter, dobby floo lupin, pheonix griffen etc , then flowers like lily daisy rose and rosie poppy violet etc and old fashioned names like Henry (henny) Arthur (artie) albert ( albie) clara Evee from Evelyn Ruby and bertie and even choccy bars twix galaxy cadbury fudge, then we have a biscuit cookie then 101 dalmations dipstick purdey pongo and patch etc etc, my vet is amazed at some of the names we choose he likes Floo the best but he gets called floosie a lot by me, I also ahd a rex that looked like a bear so he got Bear,

I was reading a book about the Kray's so my 2 got called Ronnie and Reggie... Just hope they dont share anything in common with the real Krays !!

Squeak got her name cause, well, everytime she moves, eats, drinks or anything else she has to squeak whilst she's doing it! :) and if I go outside and she sees me, she squeaks even louder! hahaha

x

Randy got his name because he was doing rude things when i got him with other male piggies. When i told the shop what he was doing i told them that he is a randy devil. But i had to have him.

Smartie is named after my daughters fav sweets.

Lucinda said:
R & R are great names!

It was perfect timing had just started reading the book then got 2 guineas LOL ;D
its was lucky for them really cuz i was thinkin of some really strange names...

Its started every one off were I work, a few people have been to see them one has just bought 2 boars Treacle and Fudge ( names are a bit girly for my taste :) ) and another is gettin some girls I hope I get commission....

Goldie got her name coz she has a golden brown color on her cute face and bum!

Ones before were all after choccies! (and are beautiful angels)

My Jin (who'a now an angel) - cos I had a dream and called them 'jinny pigs', meaning I had to have more

Tonic, went with Jin

Ice (boar) - was pure white
Icey (sow) went with J/G & T!

Icey's little ones, Feisty (she was was!), JJ (Jin Junior cos he looked like JIn) and Tiny (cos she was the runt of the litter)

Tipsy (another angel) - after one too many drinks!

Peanuts - at the pub you have them with your drink!

Rattie - given to me by a friend cos she looked like a rat. Her first litter was
Cherry - Bright red eyes
Scruff - Cos he looked it
Guinea - was Guiness but it didn't suit him and called him Guin Guin

Second litter
Topsy
Turvy
Cutie - gorgeous face
Squirt - brown 'squirt' on bum
Titch - boy runt of the litter

My new one is to be called Jovi after Jon Bon Jovi when I get him saturday! :D :D :D :D

LOL Yep! Titch needs a friend! He keeps pelting round his cage like a loony! :D

He needs someone to cuddle up to!

Huxley, Hamish, Wallace & Wilbur came from a names website. I just typed in the letter i fancied and chose their names
Angus & Fergus have come from Wendi at Thistle Cavies in Perth so stayed with a scottish theme ;D

I've also had Pippin (my very first piggie), Molly, Pixie, Smartie (pixie's baby), Merlin, Maisie, Hector, Harley, Homer, Herman (bit of a H theme ;))
All angel piggies now.

we're saving Jovi for when we get another dog in the future, good name Kelly, I'm going to name any new piggys we get Richie and Tico, Jon does'nt do it for me lol,

Scooby - My sister was watching Scooby Doo when I brought Scooby home and the song tune was on when I walked in the room to show her, and it came to me!
Freddie - Josie's brother named him hehe
Chester - It just popped into my head!
Duddly - Well my mum said I should call him Duddly-do because of his funky "hairdo" (His crest lol) Long story!
Wiggy - This was his name at the rescue, and I just looved it!
Scrumpy - This was also his name at the rescue and I also looved it!

A really cute thing with Wiggy and Scrumpy's names are, I always say Wiggy Wiggles and Scrumpy Squiggles (Scrumpy-Squiggles is Scrumps full name! :P)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back