• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

How Do I Start Laptime?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PistachioPiggy

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
They both happily take food of me but are so scared of me stroking them and i never get a chance.. I'm very confused on what to do xx

We recently got a new pig and he was VERY nervous but just picking him up (even though he didn't like it at first) and sitting him on our lap without fussing him to much he got use to it and now look at how comfortable he is :)

image.jpg

When you mean getting them used to sitting with me, should i pick them up and put them on my lap?

I would try to lure your boys either into a tunnel or a suitable cosy for transport and turn that into a ritual with a little treat of their favourite veg or herb. Alternatively, you can fill a small cardboard box with a bit of hay and one "door". Let your boys become confy and confident with it before you use it to transport or weigh your boys.

We recently got a new pig and he was VERY nervous but just picking him up (even though he didn't like it at first) and sitting him on our lap without fussing him to much he got use to it and now look at how comfortable he is :)

View attachment 24722

i agree, thats how i got mine so comfortable, so long as you dont scare them too much, and just sit them on your lap, or belly, or breasts (one of mine loves sitting on breasts) watch some tv, try to find something with lots of blue or green colours. sometimes you just need to show them that there is nothing to be afraid of.

i agree, thats how i got mine so comfortable, so long as you dont scare them too much, and just sit them on your lap, or belly, or breasts (one of mine loves sitting on breasts) watch some tv, try to find something with lots of blue or green colours. sometimes you just need to show them that there is nothing to be afraid of.
Exactly! For a while I didn't realise fuss him at all and just focused on getting him used to me. Hmm might have to try growing a pair of breasts.. :))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back