• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

How Do You Transport Your Piggy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Candice Warner

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Whenever I need to take my guinea pigs somewhere I use a kitty carrier, in the kitty carrier I put some newspaper, some wood shavings and some nibbles. They seem happy with this. So I was just wondering how you lovely lot transport your ball of fur around. And do you think my way of carrying my piggies around is okay. I'm asking because my new Vet doesn't like it.

Same as you - a cat carrier. Although I use a fleece blanket instead of shavings. I wonder why the vet doesn't like it.

Same as you - a cat carrier. Although I use a fleece blanket instead of shavings. I wonder why the vet doesn't like it.
On the wood shavings we use the packaging says suitable for guinea pigs. All my other vets I have had say wood shavings are find, just don't use saw dust. I think I might start using fleece, it's much more comfortable.

I use a small carrier with some cosy blankets or towels in, plus a small handful of hay to keep the occupant distracted! If I know the particular pig is very nervous I will also cover the carrier(loosely!) with another towel or thin blanket to hide any scary movements. I chatter away to them all the time on the journey too!

I use an open top cat carrier with a towel on the bottom. I put a fleece on top then add a pile of hay. They spend the whole time eating and sleeping :)

i use a small carrier with newspaper, either a towel or absorbent pad in, then some fleece/padded fleece blanket, and some hay.

I'm getting a travel thing for my two I think it's a fabric rabbit or cat carrier and will be putting fleece in it and I'm also getting a big transportable play pen for them too hehe

I uses open top carrier with newspaper at the bottom and a fleecy blanket on top with a big handful of hay. I know some people stuff the carrier with hay though to give the piggies somewhere to bury and hide if they want to.

Cat carrier or small furry carrier, depending on the time of year and how many in the box I usually line with fleece and or hay to hide in.

At home they often in the summer get transported out to the grass in a plastic storage box.

x

Whenever I need to take my guinea pigs somewhere I use a kitty carrier, in the kitty carrier I put some newspaper, some wood shavings and some nibbles. They seem happy with this. So I was just wondering how you lovely lot transport your ball of fur around. And do you think my way of carrying my piggies around is okay. I'm asking because my new Vet doesn't like it.[/QUOTE}

What an odd thing not to like! I can't think of a better way to transport! Would they prefer a cardboard box?! Lol! I know I sometimes have trouble getting my rabbit out of the cat carrier but she's HUGE! I would think pigs would be much easier to remove from the cage. The only other way I could think of would be to wrap the piggy in a towel, but that wouldn't be safe for driving and the pig could escape you during the walk into the building. Maybe ask the vet what they would prefer? I'd like to know too! lol

I'm just going to buy a small pet carrier and put down a blanket at the bottom with some vegetables for whenever I need to take Percy to the vets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back