• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

How Do You Weigh Your Guinea Pig/s?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drezella

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
How do you weight your guinea pig/s? I'm debating whether to invest in some pet scales and wondered what you do?

I use some salter scales. With the dish included. I cannot remember what it was exactly as it was a while ago, but I know they have stood the test of time.

I just use kitchen scales from the supermarket. That is enough to give me the relative weights and tells me when I need to see a vet! ;)

How do you get your pigs to keep still, do you sit them in a box?

They will learn the routine, especially if you praise them for sitting still, but if they are very wiggly, you can always use a lidded cardboard box or a suitable hidey to weigh them in.

I use a food scale. I calibrate it to 0 with a basket on top, then put the pig in the basket to weigh.

I use a normal food scale and I put their plastic house upside down and they just sit there.

Normal digital food scale - with nice plastic tupperware container on the top and then zero it before adding "piggie" (container is high-sided enough to stop them escaping)

I have some small digital food scales. They do move about a bit but can usually get them to sit still for just about long enough to get an accurate reading.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back