• UK storm warning - Danger of unseasonal high winds and falling trees! Please secure any hutches and sheds, and bring your guinea pigs and rabbits indoors if possible! Click Here for info

How Long Does An Xray Take?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coco&Luna

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hey guys, I've to take Loony lovegood to the vets for an xray at half 8 on wednesday morning but I start uni at 9, so the whole plan in my head has been to drop her off at half 8, then pick her up when I finish uni about half 2/3. This was until I thought.....am I even supposed to leave her for this? They said she might need a wee whiff of gas if she wont keep still in the box. In the past my pigs have gotten operations straight after the xray so I knew they were staying in. I'm so thoughtless sometimes! Can't believe I never asked the vets this.

Last edited:

sport_billy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
We leave Cookie in for around half a day when having an xray. We drop her before work at 8:30, they xray around 12 and we pick her up about 4-5 normally, she always has a whiff of gas as is a wriggler :))

Good luck for tomorrow and love to Luna x

Coco&Luna

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Thats great, i've been waiting impatiently for an answer ;) haha. Thankinggg youuu! Oh, I expect Luna will definetily need a wee whiff, she shows off at the vets and acts the class clown, haha.

Freela

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I've had x-rays done while I sat in the other room and waited, but they didn't need anesthesia for the view they wanted to get. If they will be using some gas to calm her and keep her still, it will probably be a few hours before you can pick her up (at least it would be at my vet's, as they want to see them come around and resume normal eating and behavior before they discharge them.)

Freela

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I hope you avoid the worst of the blizzard! I always feel bad when I have to take the pigs to the vet in the dead of winter!

Status
Not open for further replies.