How long is too long for teeth chattering and rumblestrutting?

Piper&Kierstein

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hey guys, it's been a while since I posted on the site. I've noticed a few things with my 2 female guinea pigs, Piper and Kierstein, I've had them for about 6 months now and they seem happy. Like when I pull one guinea pig out for cuddle time the other one is squeaking for the other. But, I've been noticing lately that they keep teeth chattering to each other. They haven't hurt one another but I'm not sure what to make of it and I'm wondering if I should seperate them.

Siikibam

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Only separate if blood is drawn or one of the pigs starts withdrawing due to persistent bullying. Is the teeth chattering and rumble strutting constant, or every couple of weeks? I’m wondering if they’re in heat...

Piper&Kierstein

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Only separate if blood is drawn or one of the pigs starts withdrawing due to persistent bullying. Is the teeth chattering and rumble strutting constant, or every couple of weeks? I’m wondering if they’re in heat...
I am not really sure how long it's been going on. I just noticed it last night. So, I'm assuming its every couple of weeks.

Piper&Kierstein

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score