• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

How long should I let bullying go on for?

Piano

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Basically what it says on the tin. One piggie has been chasing and mounting the other for the last 3 hours. Lots of teeth chattering and toys/hideys being knocked over.
How long should I leave them until I consider separating them?

How old are they?
What sex are they?
How long have they been together?
What size is their cage?

Ordinarily you don’t interfere, they need to sort things out between them. If you interfere unnecessarily then you interrupt their processes but knowing a bit more about them will help

Bonds In Trouble

EDIT

I’ve just looked back at your other posts and I’ve seen they are boars in a 160cm cage. I also saw they have a run - is the run attached permanently to the cage, do they have constant access to it?. I’m still unsure how old they are though?
If they are teenagers - so under 14 months old, then you could be dealing with a hormone spike. If things get too tense you can give them a bit of a timeout to let them calm down and then reintroduce them on neutral territory. The guides I’ve linked in explain when this will and won’t help etc
Boars: Teenage, Bullying, Fighting, Fall-outs And What Next?

Last edited:
How old are they?
What sex are they?
How long have they been together?
What size is their cage?

Ordinarily you don’t interfere, they need to sort things out between them. If you interfere unnecessarily then you interrupt their processes but knowing a bit more about them will help

Bonds In Trouble
I was going to ask the exact same questions!

Basically what it says on the tin. One piggie has been chasing and mounting the other for the last 3 hours. Lots of teeth chattering and toys/hideys being knocked over.
How long should I leave them until I consider separating them?

Hi!

Unfortunately we cannot comment without more background information as to gender and age and how long you have had your piggies. There a number of possible scenarios that require different approaches.

PS: Since we all do this for free in our own free time, none of us are around all the time and reading all threads; we are also jumping a lot between different threads of all sorts. So it would help us a lot if you please added some relevant information to every question in any new thread in order to give us a chance to help you more effectively. Thank you!

Thanks for the link! It seems to have calmed down now and they are having a bromance again.

Information required is noted for future!

Back