• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

How many blueberries can they eat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liane

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I bought the Pigs a box of blueberries as a treat today, and I was wondering how many they can eat in one day? The blueberries are fairly small.

I wouldn't give too many; fruit acid can cause sores on lips and in the mouth.

But how many is too many?

The thing I was reading suggests only one or two per piggie. In one go that is. Mine like them. They also enjoyed the strawberry I cut up.

The thing I was reading suggests only one or two per piggie. In one go that is. Mine like them. They also enjoyed the strawberry I cut up.

Thanks! :) The piggies really enjoyed theirs this morning - I gave them three :{ Perhaps I won't give them any tomorrow!

My pigs like stawberry - I tend to give them the tops. Mum has been buying loads of strawberries lately, and I keep having to tell her that the Pigs can't have them every day because they're too sugary!

Just by chance, I was reading up on daily diets and apparently they can have 'several' berries, so I haven't given the pigs a blueberry overdose :))

It's ok to give them but not too many frequently because they're a bit sugary :)
My lot like apples, melons (any variety) but won't eat strawberries etc.
Cherries and grapes they like occasionally as well but only give fruit a max of twice per week :))
I do tend to try them with everything when it's available as after having a very poorly piggy last year who wouldn't eat anything, fruit was his saviour so I now think a little bit of what they fancy doesn't hurt them :))

It's ok to give them but not too many frequently because they're a bit sugary :)
My lot like apples, melons (any variety) but won't eat strawberries etc.
Cherries and grapes they like occasionally as well but only give fruit a max of twice per week :))
I do tend to try them with everything when it's available as after having a very poorly piggy last year who wouldn't eat anything, fruit was his saviour so I now think a little bit of what they fancy doesn't hurt them :))

Yeah, my Pigs are not allowed sugary things often, I worry about diabetes and problems with their waterworks. I once gave the pigs some apple slice each, and greedy Glinda ate Elphie's slice as well and gave herself an acid burn! Not given them any apple since.

They go wild for melon. I give it to them on hot days and they love it. We buy mixed boxes of melon, but they like the dark red the most.

I tend to use grapes as a reward for being well behaved when they're poorly and being treated, or when they need their grease glands cleaned! River has been having a grape each morning for a week as she has a poorly ear :(

i had a old bag of frozen bluberries and defrosted them and gave a couple to my pigs.............they devoured them.....lol:<>

Same thing happened this morning! They absolutely demolished the blueberries I gave them and were eager for more but I had to tell them no, they'd had enough! :))

i had a old bag of frozen bluberries and defrosted them and gave a couple to my pigs.............they devoured them.....lol:<>

I wouldn't advise giving piggies anything that has been frozen hun - not having a go but it could upset their tums. Stick to fresh stuff as much as possible :))

Yeah, my Pigs are not allowed sugary things often, I worry about diabetes and problems with their waterworks. I once gave the pigs some apple slice each, and greedy Glinda ate Elphie's slice as well and gave herself an acid burn! Not given them any apple since.

They go wild for melon. I give it to them on hot days and they love it. We buy mixed boxes of melon, but they like the dark red the most.

I tend to use grapes as a reward for being well behaved when they're poorly and being treated, or when they need their grease glands cleaned! River has been having a grape each morning for a week as she has a poorly ear :(

Aw, hope River feels well soon - what a beautiful name x)
I broke all the rules when Harley was ill, he had everything he shouldn't have just to keep him going mallethead got better and now is a 1600g chunkster of pure bad Aby :(|)

familyalbum011.jpg

Aw, hope River feels well soon - what a beautiful name x)
I broke all the rules when Harley was ill, he had everything he shouldn't have just to keep him going mallethead got better and now is a 1600g chunkster of pure bad Aby :(|)

familyalbum011.jpg

1600g?! Blimey, and I thought that Freddie was a big lad when he was 1400g, and he has since slimmed down! :)) Glinda is 1230g and we think she's quite chunky :))

And River is thankfully on the mend, though I shall continue to spoil her until she is 100%!

1600g?! Blimey, and I thought that Freddie was a big lad when he was 1400g, and he has since slimmed down! :)) Glinda is 1230g and we think she's quite chunky :))

And River is thankfully on the mend, though I shall continue to spoil her until she is 100%!

Ooh, glad Glinda is over 1k tbh, weighed my Olivia on Sunday, she's 1208g - I nearly died and worried she was overweight but has no piggy paunches :))
Expected her to be around 900g as she's not a 'big' girl as such :(|)

Ooh, glad Glinda is over 1k tbh, weighed my Olivia on Sunday, she's 1208g - I nearly died and worried she was overweight but has no piggy paunches :))
Expected her to be around 900g as she's not a 'big' girl as such :(|)

Oh, all my pigs are over 1kg! :)) Nelson and Freddie are very similar in weight to Glinda, and the other four are nearly at 1.1kg!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back