• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

How Many Piggies Do People Have?

Status
Not open for further replies.
3 girls ( 1 old dear & 2 youngsters that are probably sisters) :wub: ....still resisting getting more (just)!

Two; a girl and a neutered boy. The sort-of-plan is to add to the group maybe next summer.

Had 2, then 1 died, then got another and then another and then one more died so now I have two little stroppy girls at 2 and 7 years old :mal:

2 little trouble makers... both boys. But when they team up with their 5 bunny 'sisters'...

I have two sows. I'm still learning about Guinea Pigs so thats enough for me for now.
I have to two male pigs in the house too but I'm pretty sure you wernt referring to humans lol.

I havent got any yet. Waiting for some rescue guinea pigs. Will be getting a pair. I have kept guinea pigs in the past both as a child and as an adult. The most I ever had at one time was 13!

I have 18 piggies at the moment 8 boys 10 girls i was supposed to be only keeping 4 a pair of boys and a pair of girls but thats gone up to five girlies and two boys and I'm thinking about keeping another boy XD

Wow, that's a lot. Do you have them in small groups or big herds? I'd like to have a large herd really I was wondering if you think piggys like being kept in large groups? Xx

ive 3 groups of neutered boar and sows.i pair of boars,i trio of boars....22 piggies in total.ive only had piggies for three years,but it is now a passion !:wub:

Wow 22! I've been thinking I'd like a large herd of piggies in one big accommodation. Do you find they are happy in larger or smaller groups?

I have 5.Two bonded boars,two bonded sows and a recently neutered boar who will hopefully be joining the 2 sows once its safe following his neutering.I would eventually love a little herd-a neutered boar and about 6 sows.While I have my lovely rabbits who need tonnes of space,thats not possible but maybe one day in the future I could.

Like you I'd like 5 - 6 sows and a neutered boar but wondered if they are happier in herds or smaller groups xx

Do you have them all living separately or in a big herd? Xx

We have 3 pairs of boars and a single boar, which are all in separate cages but close to each other. We also have 2 pairs of sows again in separate C & C cages next to each other.. x

Wow, that's a lot. Do you have them in small groups or big herds? I'd like to have a large herd really I was wondering if you think piggys like being kept in large groups? Xx

The females are in a large heard but boys are harder to bond and keep just in treos

I find it very much depends on the personalities,with boys pairs are best,1 neutered boar to 3 females or less seems to work best in my short amount of experience .really is personalities of each group,but boys are best in pairs,I'm just lucky i had an older boar to two very laidback adolescent boars and a big cage for them to go in 6x2 cage.

I have 6 4 boys 2 girls... I accidently got a pregnant piggie and decided to keep all the babies :) and I couldn't be happier. the babies are 3 weeks and 2 days old and keep me lovely and busy

We only have two at a time. I would love a bigger herd, but as we travel back and forth to the cottage in the summer, I need to be able to pack them all up to go. Along with the pigs, we also have a Syrian hamster and a betta fish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back