• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

How many pigs in this cage?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure which one you mean, but the two top ones I'd say were suitable for one piggy? Not sure if I'm looking at the right pics though :-\
Remember the more space you have the better ;)

Barbara

One pig

But if you can get some grids you can extend the space and give them a permanent run so you could have two in it.

I have 2 large Zoozones and I only have 1 piggie in each.. If you want to keep alot of piggies in a cage the C&C ones might be best :)

please could i ask would it be cruel to keep one piggy on it,s own? as i was thinking of having one in my bedroom and the cage i think would be to small for two ,i have already got two piggys in my shed. can anyone help? :)

Mine live on their own cages but they get out each day into their run together for a few hours. You could keep it in your room but let it out with the other piggies if you have enough space.

I would say that cage is only big enough for one piggy. if you've got some grids, you could extend it and it would be big enough for a couple but the bigger the better. Guineas ;Dare only small but boy do they like to jump and popcorn around and they need that space!

That cage isn't big enough for a guinea pig. I certainly wouldn't rehome a guinea to live in one of those - but then I wouldn't rehome a guinea pig to live alone either....

I have three of those cages that have been donated and I attach them to another cage and use a stick bridge between them. then they are big enough ;) Guinea pigs need lots of space to play. They don't play with things, they play with space. They need to be able to run around and go in and out and over and through. that cage doesn't give them scope to do much of anything. the smallest cage guineas should go in is 4ft by 2ft (RSPCA size). The ferplast 120 is approx that size.

Some of my single boars have 100cm cages like these but they do get several hours out of cage time a day.

My pair of pigs have a 120cm cage but they are hardly ever in it as they can climb in and out as they please. They are shut in at night but by then they are tired so they don't mind so much!

Personally I do think keeping one pig alone is cruel. I have several single boars but they all live next to each other so they can see, hear, smell and talk to each other. This is very different to just being on their own as the only pig.

hopperhaven said:
That cage isn't big enough for a guinea pig. I certainly wouldn't rehome a guinea to live in one of those - but then I wouldn't rehome a guinea pig to live alone either....

I have three of those cages that have been donated and I attach them to another cage and use a stick bridge between them. then they are big enough ;) Guinea pigs need lots of space to play. They don't play with things, they play with space. They need to be able to run around and go in and out and over and through. that cage doesn't give them scope to do much of anything. the smallest cage guineas should go in is 4ft by 2ft (RSPCA size). The ferplast 120 is approx that size.

i have a pack of cubes, i will build an extension it's only a quarrantine cage

The pic of the cage at the top is very similar to the one i have. to extend it I put a shoe box in the cage,near the opening, a pillow case over the shoebox and the opening and down the opening. sounds complicated, but it makes a bridge that the piggy can climb up and over the other side into the grid run and he loves it. in fact as I type he is running up and down the bridge an is loving it :) will take a pic and post it soon.

pippin said:
please could i ask would it be cruel to keep one piggy on it,s own? as i was thinking of having one in my bedroom and the cage i think would be to small for two ,i have already got two piggys in my shed. can anyone help? :)

I dont think you should keep a guinea pig on its own, they are very social and you would not be able to give it the company it needs, as much as you might cuddle and stroke and play with it.

are you planning on at least having them in the run together, and just sleeping seperate? that might not be the perfect thing to do, but at least would be nicer than just isolating a piggie and keeping it alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back