• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

How many rabbit owners on the forum?

How many rabbits do you have?

• None

Votes: 13 25.0%

Votes: 10 19.2%

Votes: 15 28.8%

Votes: 1 1.9%

Votes: 6 11.5%

Votes: 2 3.8%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 11+

Votes: 2 3.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have one rabbit, called bugsy, who was originally my daughters.

Was thinking of getting a friend for him :) was told they need to be neutered even if they are the same sex?

I have 4 of my own, and I have just added all the foster ones up and my friends who I'm boarding while she's away and I have 25 here at the minute.

I have one rabbit, called bugsy, who was originally my daughters.

Was thinking of getting a friend for him :) was told they need to be neutered even if they are the same sex?

Yes it is best for them to be neutered. :) It usually works best if you have a neutered male and a spayed female. Having them done usually stops them fighting and stops females from getting uterine cancer which is about an 80% chance that they will if not spayed. It's great that you're thinking of getting your rabbit a friend, trust me, it will be worth it so see them snuggled up together! x)

I saw a very graphic photo on the rabbit rehome forum of what one un neutered male did to another and it was HORRIBLE! Even if brothers they will still fight when the hormones kick in :(

I have 2 Bunnies Cookie who I found on the road in March & Biscuit who I got a week or so ago :)x)

I have two. Millie and Billy and they are in luuuurrrrvvvveeeeee x)

24553_1384120720258_1149193950_3119.jpg

I have 12, all rescues, all neutered ( except Katie who came recently and has to diet first) and all vaccinated.

My four girls have all bonded themselves now! :) See I had the 8'X6' shed divided in two for the two pairs, just with a piece of trellis about 2 foot tall, that they never jumped over. But two of them decided it'd be fun to jump in to the other two, and after just a little chasing, they all became friends!

Well almost friends, one is still a little mean to the others, but I saw her cuddled up with one of the others today! And I saw the other two grooming each other! I'm so happy they can have the whole shed together now if this lasts. :)

I have 6 of my own. 4 boys and 2 girls. As you look at the pick from left to right Lizzie, Chaz, Tin Tin, Herge and Tabi.

008-6.jpg

Aslan

010-5.jpg

and my 2 permanent foster buns Archie and Aby

14092010633.jpg

x)x)x)

I saw a very graphic photo on the rabbit rehome forum of what one un neutered male did to another and it was HORRIBLE! Even if brothers they will still fight when the hormones kick in :(

I have 2 Bunnies Cookie who I found on the road in March & Biscuit who I got a week or so ago :)x)

Yes that's why it's recommended to have a neutered male and spayed female :) or 2 females but they possibly could fight (but I know many people who have 2 female bunnies that get along great!) Boys can work but it's harder for them to bond. So no they don't always fight. ;) I know a few people with 2 boys living together (they call them their gay bunnies! :)) )

Yes that's why it's recommended to have a neutered male and spayed female :) or 2 females but they possibly could fight (but I know many people who have 2 female bunnies that get along great!) Boys can work but it's harder for them to bond. So no they don't always fight. ;) I know a few people with 2 boys living together (they call them their gay bunnies! :)) )

I read somewhere recently that two neutered males can be the best couple :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back