• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

How many times a day do you feed yours?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Ok question:

How many times a day do you / are you supposed to feed your pig?

I basically feed Charlie when ever it seems he's hungry and is asking for food. Is this a correct thing to do? Or am I feeding him too much. I am worried he's getting fat. He has gotten a lot bigger since we brought him home form the pets store. Can you imagine being in the pet store for at least 6 months eating only but seeds and grains! I am assuming pet stores don't feed their pets anything but! Poor pig. :(

So yes. How often do YOU feed your baby?

I feed mine twice a day. When I get up in the morning (they eat before I do ... :)) ) and around 5pmish. I change their hay twice a day too as its in a litter tray and they pee in it ...lol.
x

My fatties eat twice a day, well correction, I feed them twice, just like shauna, don't dog owners say that your supposed to eat first before your pets?

I get home, hubby asks for coffee, I put kettle on, go feed the furies and completely forget the hubby *** I'm watching the girls run around looking for he foodxx>>>

So dry food and hay once a day, greens twice, water once a day.
Cuddles - a billion!

don't dog owners say that your supposed to eat first before your pets?

lol.... yes, I think they do ..... I would love the chance to eat first :)) My piggies wheek and ring bells till I feed them so they wake me up and harass me for their breakfast ...... then the dogs start.... so they eat before me too....

You can see who's in charge in my house ....lol :)) and its definately not me rolleyes

xx

Mine eat before I do aswell, simply because I rarely have breakfast :))
Mine all get veggies twice a day, dry food filled up if the dish is empty and water checked :)

Mine get dry food once per day (I think I must give to much as the bowls still have food in come night time!) and they have veg once per day for the bulk of it then bits as and when we think they want some. My kids eat first, then the piggies, then the dog then me if I can be bothered by then lol. The cockatiel and hamsters get there food changed in the evenings, though Teetee does have his water changed twice per day, plus he is offered fruit and veg several times through the day.

I give my lot fresh veggies once a day. I feed them around 5.30pm and they usually start wheaking a good few hours beforehand, getting louder and louder the closer it gets to 5.30. It gets so bad that they can be heard from just outside the shop across the road. :red So if I gave them veggies in the morning as well they would wake the neighbourhood. :))

Dry food, veggies, hay and water in the morning then repeated in the evening.
Sneak little treats in during the day if I'm not at work though :x

I give mine dry food and fresh hay in the morning and they veg at night with a top up of dry food x

Mine get a bowl of fresh fruit/veg for breakfast and a bowl of dried at teatime.

I feed pellets once a day, hay all the time and veg once or twice a day:))

Thanks guys. Know I'm really wondering if I am OVER feeding mine. But I only have to feed one. So maybe I'm not giving him as much. lol

I feed pellets once a day, hay all the time and veg once or twice a day:))

As above, I am not quite sure what they are doing with the hay though, I am getting through a bale a fortnight for 13 piggies...?/

Greedy guts.

Thanks guys. Know I'm really wondering if I am OVER feeding mine. But I only have to feed one. So maybe I'm not giving him as much. lol

The packet should tell you the recommended weight to feed a day. Over here it is usually around 40g per adult pig for the majority of dry foods. Once you have weighed it a few times you get the gist of how much that fills the bowl, and can go from there :)

I feed mine twice a day in the morning and at about 5pm!
They have got into a routine now so if I didnt feed them twice a day they would go mental :))

My girls get veg twice a day, in the morning and then again at around 5pm. They also get hay about 3/4 times a day. They get dried mix in the evening and then some treats when I am cleaning them out.

I feed my boy hay all the time. Guinea pig mix once a day. And vegies once or twice a day :)p ...

Mine get pellets/hay in the morning and veggies in the evening.

Is this sufficient for two 4 week old babies? I fed them veggies twice a day for the first week I had them but it seemed like too much, even though they ate most of it. I don't want them to get overweight. One of them is growing larger and feels more 'solid' around the stomach area than the other one. I'm afraid that she's eating too much...

My boys have three bowls - one for fresh, one for bran and one for pellets.

The fresh gets topped up twice a day with chopped up bits of veggies, the pellets get filled up in the morning and at night as does the bran. They also get treats if I am trying to bribe them to weigh them, wash them etc! :)):))

As long as they are able to get out and about for running, the weight gain should be steady.

I've been feeding pellets in the morning (which they seem to love), run on grass for as much of the day that's dry (where they seem to constantly graze), vegetables in the evening which they totally ignore (too full of grass?!) and hay racks always topped up.

Not sure if that's enough really, but they've never cleaned out a bowl yet, so I can only assume they're getting what they need!

They're only around 11 weeks old though and building up confidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back