• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

how many times a day?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bpdfs

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
How many tims a day do you guys take your piggies out for attention? I was just wondering?

Well i give them a check over and hug on the morning for ten mins before they go out for play time, and then if I'm off i'll sit with them and have a natter for half an hour teehee and a long huggle and brush on the evenings before bed :))

I check all mine over twice a day and then take them out to play in the evenings.

Two to three times a day. I give Reggie a good old fuss in the morning and feed him then in the evenings I take him out for a cuddle and some treats and also give his cage a tidy/clean. x

Well I see them every morning and night for a cuddle and usually get them out after school. :) If it's the weekend, almost all the time I'm in the garden I'm with them or the bunnies! :))

Sadly i dont have time to chase mine round the cage in a morning so i just feed them and check the cage and poops n pees etc make sure nothing bad looking, then in an evening they come out for cuddles and check over for as long as they appear to want to x

Blimey! I'm shocked! Because of my allergies I take the piggies out only twice a week when I clean them out. I can't hold them and cuddle them for any length of time so I carry them to and from their run and that's it.

Am I mistreating my piggies then?

In the week I check them and feed them before I go to work to make sure they are ok. Then in the evenings I make a big fuss of them:)) both and then let them have floor time separately as you are aware my boys cannot live together. They love floor time though as you can hear them talking to each other and running around! At weekends in the mornings I give them big cuddles in bed!:))

Last edited:
I work 12 hour shifts :( but I do work 4 on 4 off, the 4 days I'm at work I don't have much time to interact with them other than feeding, changing water, giving fresh hay and poop sweeps. So I spoil them with more attention on my four days off :))

Last edited:
Blimey! I'm shocked! Because of my allergies I take the piggies out only twice a week when I clean them out. I can't hold them and cuddle them for any length of time so I carry them to and from their run and that's it.

Am I mistreating my piggies then?

I dont think so, i used to be allergic to my last lot of pigs and i could never handle them, my boyfriend used to handle them for me only two or three times a week (before he was a believer!) and i dont think they suffered, as long as they know you are there and you talk to them etc and...they have plenty of space they will be fine i am sure x

I feed dry mix and veg, and change the water of all my animals in the morning, check they are all active and eating.

In the evenings they are all fed veg again and give those that need meds their meds, and they are given cuddles.

My mum is home all day and gives the ones that she can handle cuddles(Checkers and Skittles are a bit speedy, and Polly is very shy).

They are also given a fresh bundle of hay before bed, so they all get a nose rub, and at the moment Mandy (who used to be house with Pingu RIP) gets an extra hug before bed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back