• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

How much does your vet cost?

How much does a consultation for piggies cost at your vet?

• Under £5

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • £5 - £10

• £10 - £15

• £15 - £20

• £20+

• It just depends

• Havn't took a piggy to vet yet so don't know

• I go to more than one vet and they all charge differently

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
My vet was rather expensive BUT when I was looking after my neighbours animals and had the problem horse I had to call his vet and she was so so lovely to me... to cut the story short the horse had to be put down and I was in a right state.... well the vet rang me the next day to ask me how I was! Ive been with my vet 15 years and she has never rang me so I made a decision there and then to change vets.... now ive not had the need to see my vet for AGES then I got the puppy and all hell broke loose so I was down the vets 3 times in a week! Then I had to return with the cat.... anyhow I actually think their prices are very reasonable, this is what I was charged:

First visit with puppy - anti sickness injection and worm tablet given - £28.91
2nd visit with puppy - stool sample taken, special food given £37.04
3rd visit with puppy - anitbiotics given and some paste to line the gut £24.00
4th visit with puppy - antibiotics given £16.60
Stool sample repeat test - £35.00

CAT
Consulation - antibiotic injection and course of antibiotics £28.54

I actually thought these were reasonable? Well at least compared to my other vets anyhow!

Nicky xx

I pay in euros. Mine charges 25€ for consultation. But sometimes I don't pay anything.But I know that other vets in Portugal charges much more than mine because they are few in Portugal.

here in bristol they are expensive, i had a to pay £27 for a consultation and a cream and it was the tiniest cream ive ever seen in my life.

My vets are expensive, they all are around here. They charge £17 per consultation everytime you go even if its an on going problem. It cost me over £100 to have my guinea pig treated for mange mites and fungal infaction. Iv just had my two cats in the vets today and it cost me £173 to have them both neutered and microchiped.

Hi our vet must be the cheapest ever we took our six guinea pigs for mite treatment he used spot on first for 4 weeks on all the pigs then said it would be better to give them all a course of injections just to make sure so we said okthinking this wont be cheap so he went ahead that was for 3 weeks for all six we thought the bill we got for all the treatment was wrong so we queried it they double checked it and they said in total it came to wait for it it surprised us are you ready in total for seven weeks treatment for our 6 wee pigs it was £ 25 in total and that was it we thought it would be that for each treatment we thought we would have to pay it up a week at a time that is why we got them to double check the bill and they were happy with what they had charged us and so where we very happy

pigsdad

my squeak had a scan for bladderstone, an op, lots of injections and medicine and i had to take him to the emergaency vets at night.
all this cost me at least £250.

and they did not make him better, as he passed away. :'(

Molly broke her toe and the vet bandaged it up for £25 only for Molly to chew the bandage off before the morning ::) Thankfully I haven't had to go with any of the others.

I am from the u.s.a Middle America and our vet bill was $37 for a visit and$ 65 to have them neutered. I have never had them neuterd but was curious about the cost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back