How much parsley should I be feeding?

ImmyH

New Born Pup
Reaction score
I have got myself confused reading some contradicting advice around feeding!
My 2 girls LOVE parsley it is by far their favourite treat and the wheeking starts in earnest as soon as they smell it.
I have read that you shouldn’t feed it more than once or twice a week because it is high in calcium, but then I have also seen it listed as a veggie that can be given daily.
How often do you feed your piggies parsley? Can my girls still have their favourite snack?
P.S. New to the forum, based in Devon 😊

PigglePuggle

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
Hi and welcome! Parsley is very high in calcium so is definitely a once a week/just 2 or 3 stems food. My piggies love parsley too, especially curly parsley which is a special treat on nail trim days!
Coriander is a very popular herb with piggies that is high in vit C but much lower in calcium so can be fed regularly, even daily, so maybe give that a try?

Piggies&buns

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
:wel:
:agr: Parsley is once a week only. Coriander is fine daily though.
Mine get coriander daily but parsley probably only once or twice a month

PremierPig

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Mine are obsessed with parsley but not much bothered by any other herbs. I give mint too, but it's often the last thing eaten, when there is really nothing else left! :D

Piggies&buns

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
Yes dill is high calcium like parsley, but very popular with some piggies (@Merab's Slave 's herd are all dill fanatics :) ) I've never tried basil or mint but I hear that some piggies love them!
Both of my piggies love basil and mint (in fact the rabbits do too - herbs are the only thing I can get the two youngsters to eat)

ImmyH

New Born Pup
Reaction score
I will have to try a few sprigs of Basil in a couple of days time. My girls don’t seem to have much of a sweet tooth, but we will see how they get on with Basil- they are such fun to feed!

Merab's Slave

Forum Buddy
Reaction score
Mine would eat a a bag of dill a day if they could, but coriander has proved an acceptable alternative.
They were introduced to it by @PigglePuggle when they boarded with her while we moved house.
8 months later Jemimah remembered she didn’t like coriander!
Neither mint nor basil are liked either

eileen

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
i give parsley once a week,corriander every other day,dill once a week.grass every day.peppers every other day.