• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

How often should you bathe a short haired pig?

Pigwig123

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi, does anyone know how often you should bathe short haired piggies. I’ve watched a few YouTube videos about it and they all say different things like some say every 3 months to prevent skin issues while others say once a year! this has probably been asked before but I just want to clarify. (:

Hi, does anyone know how often you should bathe short haired piggies. I’ve watched a few YouTube videos about it and they all say different things like some say every 3 months to prevent skin issues while others say once a year! this has probably been asked before but I just want to clarify. (:

A little as possible; ideally only for medical reasons. Otherwise stick to a bum bath with baby warm plain water if the back end is very messy.

I really only bath mine when they need it and then only the area that needs washing (i.e. one of my older pigs with bladder issues got bum baths fairly often because otherwise her skin would get irritated), but otherwise no need to bathe them. Honestly, I don't think that my current pigs have ever had a bath! They do a pretty good job of grooming themselves.

Back