• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

How soon after anti-biotics....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
should a guinea pig start to show signs of improving? My male guinea Basil have an injection at about 4:45ish and if still the same :/ i thought he ould start to imporve faster than this! he does have more anti-biotics to have for the next few days tho x

You need to allow 2-3 day for the antibiotics to build up and work fully. Please give the full course and DO NOT STOP AS SOON AS THE SYMPTOMS HAVE DISAPPEARED! Hopefully, you see the first signs of improvement by tomorrow evening.

What are the antibiotics for? They need longer to work but depending on what his illness is, he may also need a probiotic or painkiller. :)

What are the antibiotics for? They need longer to work but depending on what his illness is, he may also need a probiotic or painkiller. :)

its for URI he is on Marbocyl 0.3mils once a day got 2 syringes one with 0.9 mils in and 1 with 0.6mils in, I'm just worried as he is no better than he was before he had his first injection! he isn't drinking but is eating carrots, he is pooing but haven't noticed any wee yet :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back