• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

How Sturdy Is Lid For C&c Cage?

VJ&Flower

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi

So I'm just thinking of bringing my boys back inside. They have a ferplast 120 which now that they are older (and bigger!) may seem small after their hutch. I was thinking about a c&c cage but I have three kids, the youngest just two. so I don't think having an open cage would work as she would probably wonder in and put things in there! But I read the lids of the c&c are not that strong. Can anyone advice please?

I'm not sure It might work if your grids are tightly together but if their flimsy they will fall apart and the roof will cave in

The lids from C&C guinea pig cages are very sturdy, they tie in extra grids through the middle (hard to explain but a grid over two half grids) and also supply support bars. I ordered a lid, then realised the cage wouldn't work where I wanted it so the lid became a bigger cage with a loft!

The lids from C&C guinea pig cages are very sturdy, they tie in extra grids through the middle (hard to explain but a grid over two half grids) and also supply support bars. I ordered a lid, then realised the cage wouldn't work where I wanted it so the lid became a bigger cage with a loft!

Thx for helping I'm not very smart myself on C&C as I own a midwest :D

I made my own and it's pretty sturdy. Sturdy enough if a cat decided to try and walk across it but another idea to stop little kids messing with the cage is to put it up on a table or surface then it can still be open top but too high up for them ;)

Oh the C&C roof I saw available on a website.

You could email the company and ask about sturdiness. I put a set of 2 grids over one end to hold up a fleece to make it more hidden that end and even with cable ties they didnt seem very strong.

Just seen Eileens mums post. Good plan. I did that too

6dwk5k.jpg

You could email the company and ask about sturdiness. I put a set of 2 grids over one end to hold up a fleece to make it more hidden that end and even with cable ties they didnt seem very strong.

Just seen Eileens mums post. Good plan. I did that too

6dwk5k.jpg

Your cage looks very nice I like the Strawberry Hidey :D

Back