• FORUM DONATIONS OPEN The forum relies on your help to continue running, if you would like to help keep the forum running then you can find out about donating here

How To Convince Parents To Let My Guinea Pigs Inside

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bo123

New Born Pup
Reaction score
When we first got our guinea pigs we bought a cage form pets at home. It was too small and my guinea pigs couldn't escape form each other. I tried to spot clean them everyday and tried to keep the smell under control. Unfortunately that didn't work. The only way my parents would buy them a bigger cage I had to get a hutch. The hutch is a two story hutch. But now I realised I really miss having them inside and I feel like they've gone backwards and are now terrified of me. How can I convince my mum to let them stay inside and how can I keep the smell down.

Also would you recommend CAC cages. How much are they to build. And what sixe would be recommended for two boys :)

theoretikos

Rescue Buddy
Reaction score
You could try to persuade them to have the hutch inside as lot of people manage this. I think @AbiS has a hutch inside or did at some point.

C&C cages are cheaper than commercial cages, I don't have an exact price right now so I hope someone else has a better idea.

My boys are in a 3x4 grid c&c but were happy in their 2x4 previously :)

AbiS

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Oooo... Yes - I have a hutch inside. It's in my lounge - almost part of the furniture (and I spent a lot on my furniture). I love having my boys with me all the time. They don't smell and I get so much more out of them than
when they were in the garden.
I clean them out every 4 days without any wiffy problems.

Please message me if you want any more info/photos x

Bo123

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Would you be able to send a photo it would be so helpful x

Status
Not open for further replies.