• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

How To Cut Long Piggy A Hair?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rach_91

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
So I was just wondering how to cut my piggys hair shorter he's an aby I think an his fur is long an fluffy because of the uk weather getting warmer I wanted to now how to cut his hair a lot shorter so he doesn't get too hot, the thing is I'm worried incase I cut his skin or hurt him plus he's not fond of being groomed anyway so I now he will get moody and fidget lol what the best thing to do?

You don't really need to cut an aby's fur... What type of aby is it? Some cross breeds can have longer hair as abys but normal abys dont need their hair cut.

I've uploaded a pic for you to see, as I'm not sure what breed would u say he is? Just thought he might get very hot as my home gets quite hot whenever the sun is out

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 7
Oh wow what a stunner, he's definitely a mix breed piggie :) Looks somewhat swiss/aby

I don't think he needs to have his hair cut.

Coronets and breeds like that tend to need their hair cut more.

I no he's lovely isn't he, thank you for your replies I won't give him a cut them just keep brushing :)

He's stunning. You're lucky to have such a pretty pig. :)

Awesome! He shouldn't get too hot as his ears help with temperature regulating. :)

Caron's summer haircut - she was a coronet with MASSES of very fine hair; so much that you literally couldn't see the skin.

Before:
IMG_4967_edited-1.JPG

After:
IMG_5121_edited-1.JPG

I would recommend that you keep the hair around the bum and the back legs short at all times, as well as the undercoat on the sides.
If you like, leave the the top layer long, just off the ground, so the piggy can move and run freely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back