• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

How to do lap time with fighting Guniea pigs?

Reginart

New Born Pup
Reaction score
I have two guinea pigs that are fighting and I had separate them, but I think the still need lap time. They are both still really new because I had them for 2 weeks, I think I should do lap time one by one( correct me if I am wrong ), but I am not sure also how to do lap time. Should I just sit on a sofa with fleece? but I am scared it will jump out and hurt itself. Should I have a cage and put fleece on top of the floor? My Guniea pig can fit through the tiny square hole of the cage.

They need to be kept separate at all times, so you need to do lap time separately - two piggies who do not get on cannot have any physical time together and also given your boy is not safe from his neutering yet

Yes, just sit with them on the sofa with fleece, or just sit with them on the floor if you are concerned they may jump. If they are wriggling and not comfortable with doing lap time, then stop and put them back in the cage. You need to take it at their pace - most piggies don’t like being picked up, and not all of them will like being handled and having laptime.

:agr:If piggy can fit through the gaps then you’ll have to use some cardboard or correx and cover them up a bit so hey can squeeze out. And also make sure the boar can’t escape to get back in with the sow.

What kind of cage do you have?

:agr:If piggy can fit through the gaps then you’ll have to use some cardboard or correx and cover them up a bit so hey can squeeze out. And also make sure the boar can’t escape to get back in with the sow.

What kind of cage do you have?
I have a C&C cage

Is it 8 or 9 hole grids? If you have any leftover grids you could overlap them

Get some more grids and overlap so they can’t get through or cover with something.

If I could I will make another cage for my sow so they both get enough space, but right now we are ordering more grids. I will just make it an L shape but I don't think I have space and also if I do that rain will go to my sow's cage.
Get some more grids and overlap so they can’t get through or cover with something.
I tried overlapping both sides and both my guinea pig just manage to make it fall down

You need to use cable ties. They shouldn’t be able to split those. Do they live inside or outside? If outside then grids aren’t a secure enough housing for them. But whatever you do they need to be able to live next to each other so they can still interact.

:agr:
C&c cages are only suitable for use indoors, so rain shouldn’t be an issue . If piggies live outside then they need a good secure wooden hutch

Back