• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

How To Stop Your Guinea Pigs All Wheeking At Once!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stewybus

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I've just discovered a great way to stop all my guinea pigs wheeking at once. They will start for no apparent reason & my office is in the piggy room with up to 22 piggies in there at any one time so you can imagine how noisy it can get. I just go "shhh, shhh, shhh, shhh" by the 4th one they've all gone quiet.

That has never worked for me! How is your golden satin girl doing?

Hahah they are well trained, or they have you well trained :P

If you go shh shh to mine, it sounds like a pack of greens being opened to them and they wheek even louder! :))

Ha ha. I found doing a very gentle shh shh at my girls workied when they were protesting at being introduced to each other for the first time! The silence didn't last long though! I also find providing plenty of veg silences them! :)

Well, I tried the shhh's yesterday & it worked & then twice today. My satin girl Jemima is loving it here. She is living with long haired golden boy Aldous & they get on quite well though not into cuddling up to each other yet. Her x-rays didn't show OD but she is showing symptoms such as bunny hopping & lying with her back legs sticking out. She will only be rehomed to someone like a vet nurse or rodentologist as I think she will need extra care in later life. If I don't find a home for her she has a home here for life x

When murray and Darius are bieng naughty. I just say" no no boys none of that behaviour it's not nice " and I kid you not they do stop. Amazing really Aren't all our piggies intelligent. Lol x

Oh wow, your pigs are well behaved then. Mine just wheek even louder for attention. I work in the same room as my piggies too and mine start up a chorus every time I so much as open a new printer cartridge ....

I struggle with 2! Never mind 22:))

My boys get very, very loud at night, I don't mind them wheeking, but I live with family including my grandparents, so I like to try and keep the boys quiet at night when people are sleeping as they can be heard all around the house!

But they don't care, they don't listen, they just want food :))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back