How to un-potty train a pig!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PAMELAKT

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
So I got my pigboys a corner potty, with the intention of copying people in here & filling it with hay so they have better access than just from their manger. All going great they love it! Only now they are peeing in it... Grrrrrr. Not only am I using more hay, but my flat stinks!

I need to un potty train them! Little monsters! ;)

ILoveGilbertTheGuineaPig

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
hehe..:(|)

hmm...I don't know if un-potty is in their dictionary. rolleyes It seems they go pretty much wherever they want! No idea...sorry...I just hope they do not continue peeing in it, because I can imagine it's not a pretty sight, and not good for your wallet. ;)

PAMELAKT

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I'm gonna have to get them a bigger cage... They usually wee in a different corner! It's because we have taken to sleeping in it & I think we are possibly too lazy to move off our porky bottys when we need a wee.... Humph! ;)

CiaraPatricia

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Haha, I'd be delighted if mine were potty trained! It'd be so much easier to clean!

I'd suggest, if you have enough room, to put another corner potty with hay in another corner.

Also maybe put shavings or newspaper or carefresh under the hay to absorb the pee and the smell, then just change the soiled hay everyday and top it up :)

PAMELAKT

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Trust me they ain't potty trained, they wee everywhere! Apart from on me which is very considerate ;) I'm having to change the hay twice a day, which is annoying but it's more the smell, they never smelt before I had that bright idea. Will put litter down too... Good plan x

bpdfs

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
My boy Buddy was potty trained until blind lucy came along. He would only go to the bathroom in his bin, Lucy tends to go everywhere so he follows suit now... but still uses the Bin sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.