• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Howard - The Potteries GPR

Reaction score
I can’t believe I’m writing this it’s not sunk in yet. My dear Howard passed away on Friday during emergency surgery for a sudden bladder issue. I am heartbroken,yet so so thankful that Howard came into my life 3 years ago as a single unwanted boar. Following neutering he had devoted relationships with Betty & Connie and leaves wife Heidi behind.
Howard was a best friend and rescue ambassador, he was an explorer and poop bag Houdini. Whether it was his Guineapig Olympic videos ! or delivering his Christmas message he excelled in all things Guinea Pig. We had an unspoken understanding between us quite magical really and he has been a constant help with my ongoing battle with anxiety.
I have a huge void but am focusing on Heidi and my trio Indiana, Queenie & June.
The rescue is closed at present whilst I plan how to move forward.
Always remember it’s not ‘just a Guinea Pig ‘ it’s an equal just in a furry way.
Till we meet at the bridge my dearest Howard please wait for me xxxxxxx x F03F0F09-BEA9-4E9F-AC07-D90489A62BAA.jpeg

What a beautiful tribute.
Howard was clearly a very, very special piggy.
I am so sorry for your loss Helen.

What a wonderful tribute to a very special pigsonality!

It was a pleasure to meet Howard in person and to watch him keeping a firm eye on you before doing whatever needed doing...

He has touched many hearts, but none as much as yours of course. He will always live on in yours.

I hope that you can eventually get back in touch with and be able to channel your 'inner Howard' when you need him most as part of a Mindfulness exercise.
There is a gift that he is leaving you in the form of all the precious memories that will be there for you for the rest of your life and that cannot be lost, only found.

So sorry you have lost your special boy.
My piggy George helped me with my anxiety issues too. Losing a furry friend is so hard, I'm sure he is watching over you.
Please take care yourself and take your time to grieve.
We are all here if you need us
Sleep tight little Howard.xx

Follow You Follow Me.
Is a song and book also a saying.
I think of that saying when I see Howard's name or picture on here or another medium..
I was blessed in meeting the star when I came to pick up my girls and spent little time in your home.
A home full of wanting to help furballs who are lucky to pass through your world.
Was so natural seeing him wobble into the kitchen to check you were sending Heidi Cocoa Chloe to a good home.
Then you told him to go back to his home and well can you understand how amazed I was seeing him promptly do so over a wooden bridge..
That's 1 memory I have and others here who were lucky to read about him also have theirs.
You had a unique bond with him that was clear to see.. . Very Special
Whatever reason you two came together 3 years ago was bigger than that.
Howard now helping those at Rainbow World including some of mine and i and you know he will be squeaking " follow you follow me"
Can you imagine how long (follow) that piggie train will be.
RIP Special Howard. x From me and my piggies. xx

Last edited:
Follow You Follow Me.
Is a song and book also a saying.
I think of that saying when I see Howard's name or picture on here or another medium..
I was blessed in meeting the star when I came to pick up my girls and spent little time in your home.
A home full of wanting to help furballs who are lucky to pass through your world.
Was so natural seeing him wobble into the kitchen to check you were sending Heidi Cocoa Chloe to a good home.
Then you told him to go back to his home and well can you understand how amazed I was seeing him promptly do so over a wooden bridge..
That's 1 memory I have and others here who were lucky to read about him also have theirs.
You had a unique bond with him that was clear to see.. . Very Special
Whatever reason you two came together 3 years ago was bigger than that.
Howard now helping those at Rainbow World including some of mine and i and you know he will be squeaking " follow you follow me"
Can you imagine how long (follow) that piggie train will be.
RIP Special Howard. x From me and my piggies. xx

That's so lovely of you David I remember that day x

Helen, I am so very sorry for the loss of your little piggy. Massive hugs to you at this awfully sad time. Huge hugs to you x x

Sleep well little little one

RIP Howard
x x

I'm ever so sorry that Howard didn't make it. He looks and sounds like a totally amazing and extremely special little soul. You clearly had a unique, mutually trusting and beneficial relationship with one another. The new world-normal will never be quite the same, but it's clear that Howard will stay with you in your heart 💞

May you Rest in Peace little Howard 🌈
Please be gentle with yourself little Howard's person 💐

Back