Howard's now a happy Geezer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hendrix

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hello Folks
Don't know if any of you remember or even care about the plight my lonely Pig Howard has been facing since I got him to help my daughter's pig, Tarka, after I diagnosed him with depression!

If you have no life :)) please refresh your memory by checking out my previous posts

http://www.theguineapigforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=48910

and

http://www.theguineapigforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=50030 -c

Well - I was cleaning them out today and was greeted by the usual wheeks and purrs by T-Man and Tony Harrison as I put fresh hay and stuff into their hutch.
While cleaning out Howard's gaff I became down and depressed! He was like a beaten pig - no life, joy or sound. Now it's getting colder he no longer has the interaction of squeaking throuh the bars of adjoining runs at the happy gay couple!

So here I find myself again - a grown 40 year old geezer with a depressed pig - while my pre-teen daughter, whose yearning for all things cuddly got me here, was out clothes shopping with her Mum - with a depressed solitary guinea pig.

"OK" I said to myself - cos I do talk to myself......and I answer!

OK Howard is now in the position that Tarka was so I'l do what I did for Tarka and find him a blokey mate with no hormones to share valuable bloke time with.
As luck would have it I phoned our local Small Animal Rescue Centre and 30 mins later Howard was paired up with a 7 week old lad called Bollo!

Purrs and chatting and snuggling have returned to Howard's world - Bollo sems to have latched on to Howard......Tony Harrison and Tarka are thriving since T's operation - so all's good in Hendrix's pig world :))

Until I found out Bollo's toe hanging off issues mallethead
Searching here I reckon he's got a good old genetic dose of polydactly - Precisely why I'm opposed to animal breeding and probably why he ended up in a rescue centre.

Hopefully it'll be something he'll learn to live with and won't lead to more installments on my Vet's yacht :p

Anyhoo! I now have 2 hutches (and outside runs) with a pair of lads in each - hopefully they'll be happy and squeaky for a few years to come !

Romily

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
What wonderful news! Photos please!

katiepops

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Aw so pleased to hear Howard has a friend and has found the joy of being a piggie again.
Please, please can we see pigtures?

Guinea-wiggles

Reaction score
I've just read your previous threads and the way you've worded it is hilarious you really should put that in a book lol.
I've got 2 little boys who've been together for the past 2 months and for the past couple of weeks I've been having the same problem, one of them has become a little evil grrrr he attacks the other one and me, in fact he bit me so hard last week he drew blood and I could have cried it bloody (no pun intended) hurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.