• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Humping Male won’t leave my sows alone!

Lizi

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi there just hoping for some words of hope ( if possible) that the constant humping might stop or slow down with my newly bonded boar and his new wifelets. They’re all rescue, hes young probably 1 ish they are mum and daughter 2 1/2 and 1 1/2 . Mum and daughter were bonded with previous neutered male who passed away.
New boy was being put in his place by the daughter yesterday and mum was being submissive and allowing him to mount her
( but was noisily showing her unhappiness). Today little Casanova is chasing and mounting the daughter and she’s given in the fight too.
Never had it like this with my previous boar. He’s relentless today..... to the extent I don’t think they’re eating as much as they’re hiding away to avoid his attentions! Only bonded them a few days ago so I realise emotions are high but the this seems unpleasant for the girls and not much fun for the rest of us witnessing it. There’s no biting, chattering just wining and running away from the girls but he’s pretty relentless today. I know I shouldn’t separate but I’ve just taken him out for half an hour to give them a break...... any advice or idea how long this might go on ( I know its a case of how long is a piece of string ) but other peoples experiences welcomed .... feeling sorry for my girls at the moment

I’m afraid I don’t know the answer but could one or both of your girls be in season which will make the mounting and chasing worse? Hopefully things will settle down over the next few days

I’m not sure. I’d be happy if that was the case at least I’d know it was going to settle after a few days

Back