• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Humping

Status
Not open for further replies.

kayjay

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Bit of a question this, but do male pigs hump each other? I've just seen Hugo (really really) humping Hurley who didn't seem to mind at all. Is this normal? If it is does this mean Hugo is the dominant pig or is he doing the deed cos he's a bit bigger and possibly older than Hurley?

Kathryn xx

It is very common in male pigs!

I expect they will both do it to each other occasionally - is nothing to worry about unless they get nasty with each other.

Some do and some don't. In my experience as they mature and by that I mean get older, they tend to do it less. But that is just what I have found. I think it is sometimes a sexual thing and other times as you say about dominance.
Female guinea pigs will mount each other too and female dogs do so to show who is the higher ranking individual.

I have never seen my boars Solo and Jonty ever get up to this, but maybe they prefer to wait until I am not around ;D

Barbara

In the late stages of summer Squeak was trying to hump everything and she's a girlie!

I have seen male piggies hump things but never have I had a sow thats tried to hump everything! :o

The randy little so and so! haha

x

Starflick said:
What gets me is, they sometimes get the wrong end, lol!

:o ;D ;D ;D No Hugo got the right end

I had a guinea and bunny together for about 5 years. All the time they were together the boy guinea used to hump the bunny (she) It was funny when he got hold of her head and went for it hammer and tongs. stupid rabbit just sat there! Poor things have since passed away and although i would'nt advise a piggy and bunny together, they got on great. I will look for some photos and post. (when i get used to this computer lark!) I would'nt worry too much as long as they don't start fighting.

I have a 12 week old boy who humps incessantly, he humps my 4yr old to the point that when he's at it his feet come off the ground cause he's still little! so it ends up as a piggy back ride with pooks trying to shake him off! Lol! he also squeaks incessantly as well - don't need a telly in my house just watch piggies all night round the room!

cavykind said:
Some do and some don't. In my experience as they mature and by that I mean get older, they tend to do it less. But that is just what I have found. I think it is sometimes a sexual thing and other times as you say about dominance.
Female guinea pigs will mount each other too and female dogs do so to show who is the higher ranking individual.

I have never seen my boars Solo and Jonty ever get up to this, but maybe they prefer to wait until I am not around ;D

My boys do! :) Like yours, Barbara, the older they get the less they hump!

My girls do the same, but then stop and look confused!

I don't think mine have ever been quite like this but Rocky, as a youngster, used to sort of leap frog over Scarby!

hi you,

our two male piggies have just started doing this they are a year old. Any suggestions on stopping them or just let them get on with it?

thanks H x

We have two males, one about 9 months old, Dizzee, and the other about 6 months old, Buster. Dizzee's original male buddy, Rascal, passed away so we found him a new younger male buddy.

They do quite a bit of humping, it is only head humping and what surprise me, if this is a dominance thing the newer younger GP Buster is the one that does all the humping. Dizzee the older GP seems to like it and tries to reach further under and almost lift Buster up.

I would say that Dizzee the older GP has the stronger, braver more dominant personality, so perhaps it is a sexual preference thing?

Confused but fascinated.

The humping continues, same situation, I still believe Dizzee is the dominant bore but it looks like Buster pesters him into being head humped. Some time Dizzee has enough of this and applies his authority on the younger Buster.

Last night they were doing this right in front of me as I laid next to there cage. Buster looked rather aroused and as he humped and I am sure I saw Dizzee have a nibble, kiss, ( I wont elaborate):)) on his bore bits.

Is this normal?

Funnily enough, male pigs really do hump. We just sat here and watched Hope humping both Patch and Gizmo, neither of whom were too impressed by this, although Patch's face was sheer genius, as it was neither shocked nor appauled!

Mine do. Dougal mostly humps poor Ted who squeals in annoyance. I notice he does it more if something changes in the routine, i think its a dominance thing with him. Its eased off as he has got older.

I am quite sure now my GPs are performing oral s** as part of there head hunting.

Anyone else experiance there GPs doing this?

Eugh my Zambi did it constantly to Zuki the first 2 weeks they were put together, Zuki's bum was constantly wet. It made me feel incredibly sick because Zuki would cry and natter and try to escape. They never do it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back